Monday, August 15, 2016

Finished #2


Here's the finished project of sneak peek #2. Took awhile for paint and crackle to dry and to place the flowers. Looks really nice hanging on my door.


crackle close up

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls


Saturday, August 13, 2016

Finished One

Good morning all,

Hope it's a nice sunny day wherever you are. Going to be a sticky n steamy day here in Florida along the coast. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and finish another painting project.

Before I dash off here's a finished piece. I took inspiration from a pic on Pinterest and an MMM video. I merged to the two styles and came up with this piece.

I really liked the colors of the Pinterest piece so I took out all of the green, yellow and orange paints that I have. Now with my shaky hand drawing straight lines is impossible so....I used the backs of combs. A fat long comb and a rat tail comb. By placing one end on the paper I could rock the comb across the page. In some of the yellow lines there's little peaks caused when I lifted the fat comb off the page. For these I was using thick tube acrylics and the paint was sucked up when lifting the comb. Neat!

close up of translucent stenciling

I added some stenciling around the edges to fill the page and used translucent embossing paste thru a wonky arrows stencil in the middle of the page.

So that's one finished piece. I'm off to work on the other sneak peek.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you find some time to be crafty.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

Friday, August 12, 2016


..finished. Hello folks, well, I thought I would have one maybe two projects done by today......Not.


So I'll give you a couple of sneak peeks of what's to come.



Have a great weekend!

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

Monday, August 8, 2016

30 Day Coloring finish

Hello folks,

Thanks for coming by, today I have a finished painting for you. I started this one a while back after watching MMM 4/25/16. Since I'm not a fan of Prince I originally started out with a red flower. Didn't really like the way the red turned out so I started tinkering with it during the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

I've changed it to pink and added a textured center and background. A little metallic lustre from age old pots and now I'm happy with it. Hope you like too.

I'll be back later with more finished items. Have a wonderful week.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls


Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 20

Hello folks,

Continuing my participation in the #30DayColoringChallenge. If I'm counting right this is my Day 20 of the the 30 days. I originally made this awhile back but embossed one of the flowers on the vellum. Being thin vellum it warped terribly. The pink striped background is brushed on distress ink treated like watercolor. The flowers are from Altenew's Spring Daisy set.



It bothered me so much I pulled it apart and remade the card. Stamped and cut a second daisy and a sentiment banner. Cut another piece of vellum, no embossing this time. And reassembled everything. Much much better! Now I could feel good about giving this to a new friend for her birthday.


I'll have another post later this week and then a wrap up on the weekend.

Have a creative week my friends.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Days 13 - 19

Hey y'all,

I'm back with with my coloring projects for the #30DayColoringChallenge from last week.

The background is yellow, pink and light orange paints scraped on with an old gift card. To get the shape of the poppies I used a Donna Downey stencil and painted over the background leaving just the flowers showing in the original color mix. In some of the videos I've watched this is where they added doodling in black pen. I don't doodle and I didn't like all of that white. :/

I felt my background colors didn't show up. So I painted over the white with black gesso. Much better.

Then I mixed white paint and air brush medium to make my own fine liner mixture and attempted to doodle stems.

Looking better but needs something else. So I'll leave sit a few days and see what resonates with me.

Have a great week.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls


Sunday, July 24, 2016

Days 6 - 12

Oh my goodness! Where did the weeks go?!

So let's get caught up on my participation in the 30DayColoringChallenge.

Day 6 - 9

After a few more layers of paint on the background, house and ghostly trick or treaters, the Halloween piece is finished. Well, almost. It still needs a bit of twisted wire for the hanger. Then I worked on the postage pocket card; a bit of rust, stenciling with paint & ink and some stamping on acrylic. Both of these are for a friend's upcoming birthday.

Day 10 - 12

The latter part of that week I switched gears and did a little playing with a new way to stencil...using a big long bristled round paint brush. Oh so much easier for me to do. Was inspired by a blog I happened on in following links. As soon as I find it I'll put her link in here. These were based on picture negatives from the 1800s. For the background, I masked off the card using painter's tape then brushed on the color. The images were stamped using the Misti and distress or Adirondack inks. I think they turned out pretty cool and will be attached to card bases shortly.


That's all from me today. I'll be back in a couple days to catch you up on last week's paintings.

Have a wonderful last week of July.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls