Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


 Happy Mother's Day everyone!
I am so thrilled with this card! Working with vellum and H20s is so cool....the watercolor makes the vellum curl so you don't have to fuss with it...and the, for lack of a better word, manual embossing with a stylus helps give added dimension also. I used a combination of techniques on this card that I saw on the Heartfelt Creations site. Using the vellum and manual embossing - only she used this technique on a field of Irises background stamp card. I've used it on my focal point Iris and added SU ink pen and vellum leaves for more dimension. I love the way it turned out and hope you do to.


(close up of layers)

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...lovely work. Hope to see you joining in the challenges at The Outlawz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I love Iris and this is just amazing! Love the look the vellum gave it, love all the embossing and layering also!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Nan. I'm happy to follow your blog and see all of your creative projects. The iris is gorgeous.

    http://stampnboomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very pretty! Great style.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Nan! Love your iris card! It is so beautiful! Met you on The Outlawz site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fantastic and so beautiful! I love the vellum and how it looks! Awesome and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card. And your blog is great. Very talented. I found you from outlawz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nan,
    Your cards are simply gorgeous! The Iris on this card is just STUNNING!

    PS: I found you on The Outlawz and I'm a new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous. I love everything about it: the image, the embossing, just everything. I have been looking through your blog and you are very talented. Thank you for sharing your creations with us. I am definately becoming a follower of yours so I can get my daily fill of inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete