Sunday, June 26, 2011

Friends ARE Forever


I love making flowers! It's too hot in central FL to grow the flowers I love so I make them! By combining techniques, inks & water, you can make some really neat flowers. On this card, I wanted to the give the impression of a just opening bud, a young floret and a matured flower. I also spritzed some Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists-Sunflower Sparkle on the flowers. ( which doesn't show up too well in the pics) Up close they just 'sparkle' with yellow shimmery dots. The background is made using shaving cream and re-inkers. I've included a side view so you can see that the swirly flourish is very dimensional as are the flowers.

Stampin' B's Challenge # 116 - Friendship


Edit: I've altered the above card by changing out the card stock base to a dark navy paper. While the light blue card base was pretty the dark navy enhances the overall look of the card.


Supplies used:
paper - Bo Bunnie Timepiece Collection; Bazzill card stock
dies - Heartfelt Creations Posey Patch & Bella Rose; Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frames
stamps - GKD Friends Are Forever
ink - Memento Danube Blue
other - clear star gelly roll pen, pearls, micro beads, Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists
**************************

5 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL and that flower is to die for. I love your take on the friendship challenge this week. Thanks for joining the StampinB challenge this week and hope you can play again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am rubbing off on you Little Sister! Love LOVE the colors and your flowers are just Beautious! Makes me want to make some too!
    Miss Ya....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan,I found your blog on The Outlawz forum "looking for followers", you can find me at http://possibilitiesinpink.blogspot.com
    Your work is so artistic and pretty much perfect. I must come back often for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous. Where are you in Central FL? I live in Webster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, your cards are lovely and the flowers are stunning. You are some awful talented!

    I found you at The Outlawz Follow Me forum and I am now following you. I hope you will visit me at my blog, Tickell Expressions.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete