Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Sailing


This is my first attempt at creating a scene using the techniques shown by Theresa Momber on her blog. I think I did pretty good creating a horizon with a sunset/sunrise. And my paper piecing (for the challenge) - both the lighthouse and the sailboat were fussy cut after coloring with Copics. The frame is made from a cereal box that I inked up then applied a very thick layer of Ranger distress crackle paint then re-inked to age it. I was trying for something that would look like old leather. The framed image was then mounted on a white card that I used the direct to paper technique to give the impression of white-washed wood.
Let me know what you think....

stampTV Mix It Up Monday - Paper Piecing STVMONJM1

Last But Not Least - LBNL #5

Supplies used:
paper - Bazzill card stock, cereal box cardboard
stamps - GKD's By the Sea and Botanicals
ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Dandelion & Bahama Blue; T.H. Distress ink Vintage Photo, Tea Dye & Antique Linen
Copics - B29, R46, E35, C-1, C-3 and 0
Other - Prisma pencils, white gel pen, clear star gelly roll pen, ranger distress crackle paint, stick pin from T.H. idea-ology, unknown stamp punch

3 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful! I love it! Great job LS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...love the frame that you created!!! and yes, you did do a great job on the background scene!! Thanks for playing along with my Last But Not Least challenge. I new one will be posted on the 30th....hope you will play along again!!

    ReplyDelete