Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blue Dogwood

I'm back from a quick trip to the Midwest (northern IL & southern WI) to see family. We had beautiful weather sandwiched between their extreme heat and terrible storms!
Good to be home in FL!

My card today is based on challenge to "use stamps" to create a background DP, image & sentiment. So here's my attempt at following the guidelines. I needed a bit of bling so the small dogwood flowers were punched from card stock that was sprayed with Ranger's Perfect Pearls Mists Sunflower Sparkle & Perfect Copper on top of a base of 'direct to paper' distress inks; Tea Dyed, Antique Linen & Dried Marigold. Then I stamped the small flower in Bahama Blue and punched out the flowerettes. Added some pearls and gems - what do you think?

Last But Not Least Challenge -  #LBNL6 - Make a stamped background

Outlawz CAS Sunday - Something Old, Something New & Something Blue


Supplies:
Ink- Memento bahama blue, rich cocoa; Distress Inks, tea dyed, antique linen, dried marigold
Shimmer- Ranger's Perfect Pearls Mists Sunflower Sparkle & Perfect Copper
Stamps - Waltzingmouse Asian Garden & Asian Garden Additions
Misc- pearls, gems, Sakura clear star pen, Bazzill card stock

4 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself yet again LS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blog and beautiful work.
    "I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is gorgeous! I love the way your design your cards as well as the different techniques you use!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along....Sorry it took me so long to acknowledge your entry...not sure how I missed your post!!

    I hope you will join us again in August!! The new challenge should be up and running today!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete