Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bella Rose


Hello, I hope you're having a wonderful day. I was playing over the weekend with my Copics, it's been awhile since I've used them and thought this Bella Rose background stamp would be a good relearning project. I also tried the 'vintage technique' found in the TJ newsletter. I started by stamping the background with Tuxedo Black ink, then inked the edges following the TJ technique with Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress inks. Coming in from opposite corners with these 2 inks. Then went around the edges with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks. Once that was done I colored the leaves and posys with Copics. For the main rose, I stamped just that portion again, colored it and  cut it out. Attached the rose with pop dots. In coloring the popped rose I forgot to ink it with the distress Wild Honey ink so it came out brighter than I wanted. Mounted the full image on black then on to a red card base (which had a bit more orange to it when photographed). UGH, I really need to put together a proper light box.
That's all folks! (as Elmer Fudd would say :)

Supplies:
paper: Bazzill black card stock; Basic Grey (June bug); Prisma Smooth (white)
ink: T.H. distress inks (scattered straw, wild honey, vintage photo, tea dye); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Die: Bella Rose (Heartfelt Creations)
stamp: Bella Rose background (Heartfelt Creations)
Copics: R59, R37, E47, YG63, YG67, RV06, 0
other: Liquid Pearls (pearl, gold); clear bubble tag (unknown maker)
***********************************

1 comment:

  1. Just your style! Very beautiful! I think you've got it Girl!

    ReplyDelete