Monday, September 12, 2011

Embossing x 2


I am submitting this belated birthday card to:

Joan's Gardens Challenge - use 2 embossing folders, 2 die cuts, a sentiment, glitter or pearls
Last But Not Least Challenge - use embossing


Here's what I used to make this card:
- Swiss Dots border folder, Leafy Branch folder (a fav of mine) (*2 embossing folders)
- lightly inked the branch and leaves with Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme
- lightly inked the dots with Brilliance Pearlescent Sunflower Yellow
- attached a piece of white ric rac ribbon to separate the embossing
- used T.H. Tattered Florals to cut Bo Bunny paper into flowers (*1 die cut)
- curled and distressed the petals. glued layers together with Glossy Accents
- added a gem surrounded by copper stickles for my glitter (* glitter)
- attached a banner under the large flower with the sentiment (* 2nd die cut & sentiment)

Supplies:
- cuttlebug/provocraft e.f.; Tsukineko Dew Drop ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Tim Holtz Alterations die by Sizzix; Bo Bunny paper; Ranger Stickles & Glossy Accents

*********************************************************

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to use that embossing folder. This is beautiful. You did a great job creating the background with two embossing folders. Thank you for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, your card is beautiful. I love how you used the 2 embossing folders.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! I can't wait to make one! Righ up my ally! So pretty! Your the best little Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, thanks so much for stopping by and visiting me. I love how your card turned out, FAB! I'm so glad our paths crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for submitting you card to the Last But Not Least challenge....Your card is very pretty. I would love it if you include a link to my challenge so that others could see it and possibly decide to come play along....I am new to running a challenge and could use your help. Thanks!!

    here is the link:

    http://www.cardspaperandscrapbooks.com/cards/last-but-not-least-challenge-8/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing some beautiful embossing techniques! This is another beautiful card! ;D

    ReplyDelete