Sunday, September 18, 2011

Glory to God



Ever have trouble getting those creative juices flowing - try a challenge or two. Works for me every time! This card turned out so nice I'll adapt it for sale. (My apologies for the blurry picture. Had to use my iTouch in order for the ribbon to show up in it's true red form. p.s. the ribbon is made of metallic threads which is difficult to photograph.)

I am entering this card in these challenges:

Papercraft Star - #62 Anything Goes
Joan and Selma Challenges - Challenge #2 -  Create a Christmas Card, emboss a background using Selma's Technique, use striped designer paper, gold emboss your sentiment

Selma's Technique is to ink the flat side of an embossing folder not the raised pattern. Thus when you emboss the card stock the raised pattern remains white or whatever color your card stock is. I used the Holly with Berries e.f. and inked it with Desert Sand. On top of the e.f. I've taped a fancy frame template, which leaves an unembossed area on the card stock, perfect stamping your sentiment. Then I spritzed a bit of Perfect Pearls Mists-Forever Green across the top portion for some shimmer and a bit of contrast. I used 2 QK dies to cut the holly leaves from grunge board. Which had been painted at least 3 times with peeled paint stain, to get a nice dark green when dried. My holly berries are sugared and plain red brads. The senitment embossed in gold is from the Heartfelt Creations' Joyous Noel stamp set. The focal image piece was layered onto tan and green striped dp from GCD Studios' Joyful Peace collection. Then all was mounted to a piece of Prismatic shimmer brown card stock. My card is 5.5" x 5.5", a rare square from me!

Supplies:
Prismatic metallic shimmer brown & Prisma white card stock; GCD Studios dp; Memento ink; Heartfelt Creations sentiment; ef- Cuttlebug; Ranger Stains & Perfect Pearls Mists; Tim Holtz grunge board; Stampendous embossing powder; brads & Fancy Frames (unknown maker); ribbon from my stash.
********************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Ooh this card makes me ready for the holiday season. Truly gorgeous and I just love the ribbon, the embossing, and the lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week at Papercraft Star! I hope you'll play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, what a beautiful card you have created. Your ribbon is perfect for this card and I love your embossing too.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty...love the embossing folder and color of ink you chose....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, another wonderful card! I love the embossing and background. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Nan ... love the embossed panel and your ribbon treatment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan this is gorgeous. You got the inked background color to show up in your photo (I had a real problem with that). Thank you for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful card... I love it.
    I am a new follower from Feline Playful.... Hope you will join us for Link Up for Pink $3K in giveaways.
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nan... this is a truly beautiful card! Thanks for sharing! ;D

    ReplyDelete