Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Merry Christmas


I wasn't thrilled with my first version of the galloping horses so I remade it. I've made the card 5.5" x 7" so I could change the layout a bit. I added scenery behind the horses and stamped snowflakes on the outer edge of the base card.  I embossed the green layer in the large snow flakes ef and the horses were embossed with paste. This panel was put through a crimper prior to being cut with a nesties small rectangle die. The greenery behind the poinsettia was sprayed with gold perfect pearl mists to give them some shimmer. The sentiment was cut with a Quikutz die. I then sprayed Perfect Pearl Mists- Pearl over the whole card to give the effect of a snowstorm.  IRL this card real shimmers! To me it's a totally new card so I am submitting to a couple of challenges.

Joan's Gardens #11 -
-Make a card and/or tag using somekind of animal
-Use a die
-Create a winter theme
-Do some kind of embossing


Outlawz Monday Greeting Card GC112811 - Anything Goes

That is the last of my Christmas card orders. Whew, now I have to start on my cards.

Supplies:
paper-bazzill, unknown dp (cream flourish)
dies- spellbinders (lg & sm rectangles, poinsettia); marianne (poinsettias); heartfelt creations (bella rose flourish); quikutz (sentiment); sizzix (leaf spray)
other- ranger perfect pearl mists (pearl, gold); dreamweaver stencils (horse stencil, embossing paste); unknown pine tree & snowflake stamps; crimper; nailheads; floral punch (poinsettia center)

*******************************************

1 comment: