Monday, August 29, 2011

Birthdays

Here's a couple of birthday cards I made while my computer was in the shop. 
First up - I just love this Graphic 45 dp and finally came up with a layout that show cases these beautiful birds. Added a few small black eyed susan's and I'm good to go.




More paper that I love. Also from Graphic 45, not sure of the specific series tho. I love the various rectangles set crooked! A lot of fussy cutting on this one. Must have cut 1/2 dozen cherries to get one to match this one's position and at least 3 of the pear & grapes. WHEW! I'll probably add a birthday tag before I send out.



Well, that's all from me today. I'll be back later in the week with some cards for challenges.
Have a great week!


Ooh it's so nice to have a working computer and printer again!


supplies:
paper- graphic 45 (birds in paradise and unknown wine series); bazzill
ink- memento (tuxedo black); T.H. Distress (tea dye & vintage photo)
dies- spellbinders (lattice rectangles and foliage)
stamp- endless creations (happy birthday script)
other- corner chomper (deco); corner rounder; daisy punch and pearls
*************************************

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rough Seas

YEA! I finally have my computer back! My system was infiltrated by a nasty Trojan virus known as "PCSecurity"...took over my whole OS and made a mess of it. Whew! It's good to be back online!

So this altered magnetic picture frame sums up what it's been like around here for the past few weeks. You could also say this frame represents 'guidance' as all of the items guide us in some way; maps, lighthouse, compass, birds and even the anchor. So my sentiment thanks all of those who guide us as we sail through life.

Rough Seas

I was going to submit this to the Joan's Gardens guest designer technique challenge - ah no computer - so here it is anyway. For my take on the faux porcelain technique presented by Sherry Cheever - I dunked the medallions in the melted Utee hoping they would look like aged scrimshaw (carved ivory). The frame was covered with grey acrylic paint then over painted with Rangers Dimensional Pearls and blotched on some paint from an almost dry dabber. The lighthouse was stamped on a T.P. tube that had been coated with gesso. I tore a piece of Tim Holtz' new Kraft Glassine paper crumpling it up to form the rocky base for the lighthouse and added some designer 'dirt'. I used a Copic marker to dye the cording to look like rope. Overall, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Enjoy.

Supplies:
frame: dollar bin @ Target
Paints: Claudine Hellmuth Gesso; Ranger Dimensional Pearls (denim); Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber (cloudy blue); Kaiser Color acrylic paint (cool grey)
Stamps: GKD (by the sea); SU (the open sea)
Other: Copics markers; cording (crown royal); Cuttlebug ef (iron works); easy frames; designer dirt (my stash)
Ink: Staz-On (jet black); Memento (danube blue)
*******************************************

Friday, August 5, 2011

PCS #56


My card tonight is based on the inspiration photo below. I'm entering this in a new challenge at Papercraft Star. Check 'em out. They post their challenges weeks in advance so you have time to plan your design. The above card is for their Photo Challenge #56. I really liked the swirly background and thought my dp was a good starting point. Then I picked up the yellows in differing hues with the label and the ribbon.
 
Papercraft Star - Photo Challenge #56
 
Inspiration Photo

Supplies:
paper: dp (Quick Quotes' Irresistible); Bazzill (white, black card stock); Bo Bunny (yellow dot)
ink: Memento (tuxedo black)
other: ribbon & matte black gems from my stash
***************************************

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bella Rose


Hello, I hope you're having a wonderful day. I was playing over the weekend with my Copics, it's been awhile since I've used them and thought this Bella Rose background stamp would be a good relearning project. I also tried the 'vintage technique' found in the TJ newsletter. I started by stamping the background with Tuxedo Black ink, then inked the edges following the TJ technique with Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress inks. Coming in from opposite corners with these 2 inks. Then went around the edges with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks. Once that was done I colored the leaves and posys with Copics. For the main rose, I stamped just that portion again, colored it and  cut it out. Attached the rose with pop dots. In coloring the popped rose I forgot to ink it with the distress Wild Honey ink so it came out brighter than I wanted. Mounted the full image on black then on to a red card base (which had a bit more orange to it when photographed). UGH, I really need to put together a proper light box.
That's all folks! (as Elmer Fudd would say :)

Supplies:
paper: Bazzill black card stock; Basic Grey (June bug); Prisma Smooth (white)
ink: T.H. distress inks (scattered straw, wild honey, vintage photo, tea dye); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Die: Bella Rose (Heartfelt Creations)
stamp: Bella Rose background (Heartfelt Creations)
Copics: R59, R37, E47, YG63, YG67, RV06, 0
other: Liquid Pearls (pearl, gold); clear bubble tag (unknown maker)
***********************************