Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hearts a Flutter

!HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hope your holidays were fantastic! And you're off to a good start for 2012. My start hasn't been so good. Coldest days we've had in Central FL and no heat and plumbing troubles. So I've been busy scheduling and working with repairmen. UGH.
Enough of my woes let's get on to my project.............

(side view to show springy hearts)

Now I must apologize for the quality of the pics. The card is pink & white but in some of the pics it has a yellowish/orange overtone. The first pic above is a true color.
I am entering this in:

Joan's Gardens Challenge #1 -
■Make a card and/or tag using some kind of hearts
Use any kind of embellishments
■Use, pink or red with white
■Do some kind of embossing

Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Use Punches and Die Cuts TT010512

Last But Not Least Challenge - use something new
My new tool is the MS Swirling Lace around the page punch set and what you can't see; Glubber dots under the rose.
(closed with belly band tied)

I saw this format on Chocolate Crafts and Bears OH My blog. You can see it here. Carol had links to where she found it and to a video she did of how to do all the folding. I believe Carol called a 'napkin fold' card. Anyway, I fell in love with this when I saw on Heartfelt Creations Wednesday blog post and went over to Carol's to see more of it. Isn't it great! I've included several photos so you can really see how 3 dimensional it is.

(partially open)


(fully open)


(close up of rose on belly band)


I'm not one to do Valentine's but when I started playing around with this pattern this just sort of evolved to meet the challenge requirements. And I so love  the way it turned out!

(Edit: 18hrs of work on this card)
Supplies:
paper-bazzill (smooth white); gcd studios (pink striped/solid dp); scraps; alcohol  ink background (my stash)
ef- cuttlebug (love language)
ink-ranger distress inks (tea dye, worn lipstick, spun sugar); memento (lady bug)
ribbon- may arts
dies- spellbinders (contemporary hearts pendant, classic hearts, classic scalloped hearts); heartfelt creations (bella rose)
punch- MS (swirling lace); fiskars (medium tree); punch-a-bunch (unknown leaf)
stamps- heartfelt creations (feather grass flourish)
other- smooch (taffy); ranger liquid pearls (flamingo,rouge); ranger stickles (star dust); springs twigs from a floral arrangement in my sun room :D

16 comments:

  1. Wow Nan this is fantastic. Looks like so much work but it is fabulous. Your flower on the front is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this beautiful card fold
    like that you put heart in side very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with my challenge....I love your rose....need yo get me some glubbers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along with my challenge....I love your rose....need yo get me some glubbers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan,

    This is so totally awesome. It looks as though there are hours of work put into this. You are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome Nan, looks like it took you hours to create. You are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful feminine card. The folds are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nan your card looks amazing. It came out terrific. I love the stamped flourish and I noticed how you did the hearts-that is so clever and it adds another dimension. This is just beautiful. I am so glad you had fun making it. Hope your heating and plumbing situation gets better. Here is SE GA (we are 35 minutes for Jax FL airport) it has been warm!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This valentine is so lovely! You ought to win a prize in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredibly pretty and intricate, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a good job on this! It is lovely. It does look labor intensive buy you definitely aced the folds. Love the little hearts you made out of the cut outs! I'm off to join your site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, I must be really getting old. I have already become a follower of your blog. I think I must have run a wheel off along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting via Becca's blog, and glad I stopped to see your beautiful work. This is such a wonderfully feminine, romantic card, despite the hours it took to create (or because of, more likely)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My!!! This is absolutely stunning!!!! You must do a tutorial on how to make the flower too... gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete