Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lattice & Lace

My second post for today.


I saw a card quite awhile ago by Becca of Amazing Paper Grace , where she mitered the corners of the Garden Trellis punch. Though her lattice did not turn the corner as mine does. I like that the scallop turns the corner! The lace flower was made using Peel N Stick Thermo Web; while I waited for my glubbers from Joan's Gardens. I punched a scalloped circle from the Peel N Stick, gathered and adhered my lace spiraling in to the center. I hot glued a resin dancing cameo in the center for a focal point. Adhered the flower to a pink dp scalloped circle then to the latticed card base. This is a 5.5" x 5.5" card. The recipient was thrilled with this valentine. Yes, that's 2 valentine's from me this year. Oh wait make that 3 valentine's counting the Hearts a Flutter card. I'm done. LOL


*********************************************************


15 comments:

  1. Nan, this is so gorgeous, I love the lace flower and that lattice background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty. I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful!! You did a perfect job mitering your lattice corners!! Absolutely love that big lace flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lattice and lace go perfectly together! Beautiful card! I found you in the looking for followers discussion over at the outlawz, I hope you will visit me too @ www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nan... I can only imagine how thrilled the recipient of this valentine was! I love your lattice bg and yes.... the corers are wonderful!!! Mine never seem to work out just right! I love the lace rosette!!! Oh and you are going to love your glubers!!! Enjoy!!! Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, your card is so beautiful. The lattice is fabulous and that flower is so pretty! Love it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Very clever how you did the lattice and love the cameo & lace flower.

    I just became a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just goegeous, Nan! I love all the pretty layers, and the cameo in the center is TDF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW Nan ... this is GORGEOUS!! Love that flower ... just beautiful and perfectly shaped! I commend you on casing something Becca did ... she's AMAZING and you should be proud ... you did a fabulous job here!
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, the detail is all worth it

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and feminine! Love the little straight pins added to accent the sweet cameo

    ReplyDelete