Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pyramage

Something new to try - Pyramage. I've never heard of it before seeing it on Dar's Crafty Creations  blog. You can also see a tutorial on Riette's blog, Red's Card Corner. So the following cards are my attempt at it.

The rose was a little flat and dull looking so I covered it in Glossy Accents after I had attached to the card. I like the way the edges of the rose curled up. And I love the Tim Holtz background stamp which is one of his book cover stamps.

Would you believe I do not have many butterflies in my collection of stamps? This small one was the only one that I thought would work for this techinque.

My little butterfly turned out nice. I added some crystal stickles to the spots on his wings for a bit of shine.

This is a very different technique and it is easy peasy, just not sure if I like all of the white surrounding the focal image. I may experiment with this some more using different shapes instead of the ovals and larger stamps. Stay tuned.

************************************


4 comments:

  1. WOW! You did a GREAT job! These are both BEAUTIFUL! I love the thought of using the rose for the focus ... perfect!
    I know what you mean about the white space ... maybe use a 'script' stamp in a light color like a sepia to give it a little added texture ... Hmmmm, like you, I'll have to do a little experimenting too! Let me know what you come up with.
    INTERESTING IDEA ...
    Thanks so much for sharing your creations with me ... I think they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Nan, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This technique is really cool! I like the idea of using crystal stickles on the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful cards! I have seen this technique but never knew it had a name...lol. I have not tried any myself, but will now that you've inspired me. :o) Thanks for the links to the other blogs too... went and looked at theirs. Look like good blogs and good crafters, so I bookmarked them... never can have too many blogs to check out... now, if I just had more time! lol

    ReplyDelete