Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine revealed

Hello everyone, A few weeks ago I posted a sneak peek during the height of the CHA sneak peeks, well,  here is the full reveal of that card.


I used a new Tim Holtz paper called Kraft Resist. It's going to be a lot of fun to work with, however, it doesn't photograph very well. You'll notice a bit of the resist pattern on the left side of the card. The swirly design did not show up at all. (bummer) Anyway, I embossed the sunflowers using the spellbinders dies. Left the dies in place to add color but didn't like the way it was going so I removed the dies and just free-handed the color using a small finger dauber. The flower centers are covered in bark flower soft. The sentiment is one of the two valentine's stamps I own. lol  Several wrappings of twine hold the sentiment label in place. This card has been sent to a very close friend, whose become like my younger sister and she loves anything TH or distressed! Hope she enjoys her Valentine's Day card.
If you celebrate Valentine's Day I hope you had a good day.

*******************************************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. I too love the kraft resist paper! The sunflowers colors go great with kraft! I like your creativity to used a lot of twine with the verse tag... again goes with the kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete