Sunday, March 11, 2012

Recycled tin

Quite some time ago a friend gave me this Margarita/Martini salt tin, asked could I do something with it. Sure I responded! It's been sitting on a shelf ...


Well, I've finally tackled altering it. I am so tickled with the way it turned out. Hope you like it too.


I am submitting this for Joan's Gardens Challenge #9
The requirements are:
recycle a container preferably round, use lace, use flowers and pearls.


I've stayed with a black and white color scheme with a touch of gray/silver (the tin). The black polka dp is on the top and the bottom. I've used black/gray/white striped ribbon to form petals and a pull on the side to assist in opening the very tight lid. The flower center is white crocheted lace (love those glubers) with a very large black pearl center. Around the edge of the top is a zig-zaggy looped black lace trim.

The sides were covered in two different ribbons A black/white checked ribbon (think Nascar winner's flag) on the bottom portion and a black silk on the top half. In this area I've added 4 large white pearls at the 12, 6, 9 and 3 o'clock positions. Because ...


this is the inside of the tin:


. . . on the inside I've used clockworks dp. The left one is the top (I used pop dots on a couple of the smaller clocks) and the right one is the bottom (kept flat so you can use this).

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this project and will not hesitate to tackle more projects like this! (Edit: Scor-tape was used to adhere the ribbon to the tin and Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue to adhere the dp to the tin.)
***********************

9 comments:

  1. Nan, GREAT job, love the black and white, looks great, and I love how you used the ribbon, wonderful touch. And the inside looks great as well!! Love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Non, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything you did to make this classy little container. Thanks for joining us again in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed - you even decorated the inside in a clever way! The outside is so pretty, I never would have thought of using ribbon. When I altered tins, all I could think of was to use alcohol inks or Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I love yours and can't wait to try ribbon on one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, I love your tin. Your flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made this a treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Nan,
    Very cute and black and white can't go wrong. Like the inside clockworks as well. Isn't it great saving items you know someday you will use. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, wow what a classy tin you have created. Great job.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tin box!! The black and white theme is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever of you NanFroggy!! I love how you recycled something that normally would hit the trash for me. I'm going dumpster diving in the kitchen right this very second. You've inspired me! Great use of the paper too!

    ReplyDelete