Saturday, June 16, 2012

June Class Cards

Hi all, It's been awhile since I've posted. I took a break after working long hours non-stop on my 'twin towers' project. That's done and my hands are back to normal (for me). LOL My close friends know what I'm talking about. So away we went into June card class. My take on using various watercolors.
Enjoy!

This is the card I was coloring when I entered the WOYWW #156 a couple weeks ago. The vase is punched, shaped and attached with foam tape.The Japanese Irises were colored with watercolor crayons. The ragged edge is my photo mat not the card edge.


This woodland scene was colored with water color pencils.


I used watercolor pencils on this one. The class used a combo of pencils and sparkling H2Os. The splotched strip on the left is a upholstered piece of chipboard. IRL it looks pretty cool ! I used liquid pearls and made pearls. In the class we just splattered some of the liquid pearls, fit much better with the overall look of the card.

Supplies:
ink: memento, t.h. distress, versafine
paper: bazzill and SU!
stamps: heartfelt creations, ginakdesigns, penny black
dies: spellbinders
others: ranger liquid pearls and stickles, cuddlebug e.f., a vase punch

********************************************

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I never thought about splattering the liquid pearls. I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Blue is my FAVORITE color:) I'll have to give the splattering liquid pearls a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are so stunning! Your use of and watercolor pencils is superb!! awesome shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, loving your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous array of cards! I really like the light blue flourished background of the top card...caught my eye right away!

    Thanks for leaving some love at my blog recently...it was nice of you to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. talk about gorgeous, all of these are eye popping, jaw dropping beauties!!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete