Friday, July 27, 2012

Charm-ed

Hey there bloggers,
As you may have read in a previous post, I am participating in a charm swap over on Ink Stains with Roni. Our choices were: general charms or Halloween themed charms. Having never made a charm before in my life, I jumped in whole hog and signed up for both!

 Well, let me tell you...I so enjoyed making the Halloween charms (see this post) and yet I struggled with these general charms. I guess I needed a theme. lol So, I decided to focus on using G45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe. Boy do I 'love', how these charms turned out. I used pre-cut grunge board squares from, of course, T.H., stained them, attached images from the G45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe, sealed with glossy accents, added faux soldering, a chain, a feather charm and done! What 'cha think? Turned out pretty neat, huh?

Enjoy!








Supplies:
paper: G45 olde curiosity shoppe
other: ranger distress ink, distress stain, glossy accents; misc chain; metal feather charm; jump rings; faux silver leaf.

************************************************

6 comments:

  1. Those turned out cute. I've never made charms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out awesome Nan!!! Where do you get the faux soldering or does it come pre-shaped? That G45 paper gives the charms a wonderful vintage look to them. I hope to work on my charms this weekend for Roni's swap, but I don't know if I can come up with something as good as yours and what Roni has shared that she's made too. The pressure is on! LOL Whatever I do, I'll have fun at least and that is what it's about. Both sets of your charms are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are beautiful!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are these. I just love the way they look. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I really do appreciate your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the very lovely charms I received in my general swap! I think you have done a fabulous job, especially for a 1st time. I thank you for the time, work and creativity that went into these. (this is my first time as well...hehe)

    Thanks again!
    LisaH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy,
    What is FAUX SOLDERING?

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete