Monday, August 13, 2012

Tropical Birds

Good Monday morning,
As I'm waiting for the fridge repairman to show up, I thought I would post these bird cards I made on Saturday. A while back I won several tissue collage sheets from Blackberry Designs through the Ink Stains blog and had set them aside for later. When I sat down Saturday morning to create, these tropical birds caught my eye, being as they were on top of the stack. :)  
Flash -  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. By late afternoon I had this set of cards done.


 I picked out colors from the images to use as my mats and card base. A couple of the cards are very distressed and a couple not so much. I like the way these turned out and will be selling them as a set.

I realize that you're suppose to take pictures at a slight angle, however, this was the only way I could get all four cards in the pic without cropping the edges of them.

Enjoy!

supplies:
paper: bazzill, bo bunny swiss dot, co ordinations distress series, unknown dp, prisma metallic
ink: t.h. distress inks
other: bakers twine, ribbon, pearls, pearlized tiles (upper left card), brad
and: new tool from perfect layers - their mat cutting tools. I love these! Now I'll be able get nice straight narrow mats - yea!

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous set of cards!! You dressed up the collage sheets beautifully! Congrats on that win... love Ink Stains site, but have not won anything yet... she has neat stuff and great ideas! Hope your fridge will be okay and not too pricey to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful. What a perfect set of cards..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete