Friday, September 7, 2012

My summer...

Hey there, 

My summer in pics. Did I go on vacation to someplace pretty, to view waterfalls, climb mountains or sketch in Italy? 

Nope... I've been teaching card making classes, entered a charm swap and completed two altered boxes with two more in the works. If that isn't enough, I'm also learning to work metal. As in, embossing it using an ef and/or hand tools and changing the finish to look like rust or something other than shiny silver, since I'm working with foil tape and sheets of aluminum. It's pretty cool. Hope to have a pic soon of a project in the works. 

So here's a few pics of my card classes and ... oh! the charms I received from the Ink Stains charm swap are fabulous and I'm working on a plaque to display them. When that is finished you'll see the gorgeous charms people made! Thank you to all who participated. Hope to see you in the Christmas swap! You should check out Roni's blog Ink Stains she does some cool stuff!

Okay on to pics



 The cards in the above two pics were inspired by the Simplicity blog.


 Christmas in July class.

 Tag made using the new T.H. Metallic Distress stains. Not crazy about it but not bad for a first attempt at creating background depth with layers of stain then stamping. Check out Tim's Metallic Distress Stains video here.

Last is a grouping from my last summer class. This group used SU products.

Hope you liked the pics. This catches you update with all the projects I have been and am working on. See ya soon with another altered box!

Enjoy!

***************************************************

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have been a busy girl! Can't wait to see more altered boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy and all are wonderful. Love the Heartfelt one's or Christmas in July one's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW!! all of these are incredible, love the Christmas in July!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards and tag are gorgeous!! You got a LOT of depth in that tag... I really like the look!! I have ordered my metallic stains but havent gotten them yet... thinking they will arrive this week. I enjoyed reading about your metal working... I love to make things with metal. You should check out TENseconds Studio http://www.tensecondsstudio.com/ for their metal molds and they have an awesome and easy patina paint system. Can't wait to see what you're making!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, everything is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nan you have been a busy bee!! I really like all the cards you made and the tag is fabulous too!The "simplicity blog" ones are elegant yet simple and I love that!! Great inspiration!! If your ever in Ohio let me know maybe we can get together!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete