Thursday, September 6, 2012

Steampunk Clock (altered box)

All right folks here we go... The first of many posts to bring you up to date with why I've been absent from my blog. 

On Sunday I posted a peek of one of my projects. Today is reveal day!

I had 4 wood cigar boxes that I scored when the stamp store I worked at went out of business. Haven't really known what I would do with them. Two years later - as my style and creativity has evolved, I find myself ever more drawn to altered art. (Thanks Dar for your inspiration!)

So what do I do with a narrow wood box? 

Why, make a clock - of course!!

Enjoy!



lots of texture and dimension


the inside


the cool burnt look of the sides


Supplies:
wood cigar box
t.h. kraft resist dp and assorted t.h. papers
distress stains and ink
spellbinders gears, bits of chain, assorted metal gears and a clock

******************************************

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Very creative. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love LOVE love this!!! It is so creative and I'll have to use your idea as a springboard to make one for myself!! I have a lot of wooden cigar boxes that I got dirt cheap off ebay probably 10 years ago. Sorry to read though that a stamp store went out of business. One of my LSS went from brick and mortar to on-line only in August. It's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I do alter things, a lot!. I LOVE this kind of art since it allows me to go hunting @ flea markets so often :). TFS your altered clock project with us and your lovely comment on my blog giveaway! :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA! 1st of all ... shame on me for not coming to visit earlier and 2ndly this is AMAZING! What an awesome creation and you must know how much I would LOVE all this vintage detail! You really ROCKED this style/design ... WOW! Love, Love, Love it!! Your creations are so inspiring ... keep up the fabulous work!
    HUGS from OHIO
    Dar
    P.S. You're welcome! TeeHee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a fabulous box even the second time I get to come see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete