Sunday, December 23, 2012

an ATC!

Yes, an ATC! OMG are these ever tiny! I had to look up the dimensions to make sure I got it right, as I couldn't believe they were this small. And they're not. . . they're miniature! Why you ask did I venture into the land of ATCs? There's a bunch of peeps I follow that make the most amazing ATCs; Wanda, Butterfly and Mark to name a few. Mark's ATC struck 'a note' with me so I'm giving it a try, making an ATC! The Fun with ATCs challenge this fortnight is to make an ATC based on a song. Can you guess what song immediately came to me?


My ATC is a piece of black chipboard on which I've embossed a scene in white. The edges are streaked with d.s. brushed pewter and a bit of it dragged across the ATC for some shimmer. The heart is a Nesties die cut attached to a piece of cloth canvas, think shopping tote material, which was sprayed with several different colors of Dylusions sprays. It came out a vibrant bluey red! I added a raised edge of white acrylic paint and filled the center with melted UTEE until it was smooth. While the UTEE was hot the chain was embedded.


Have you guessed the name of the song this represents?
Hank Williams' "Take These Chains From My Heart"
http://youtu.be/PdtSxT_R6C4


I've submitted my ATC to the following:


Fun With ATCs - #77 Choose a song


Sunday Stamper week 237 - use Hearts


Enjoy!










I've tried to give you pics with differing lighting to show the metallic shimmer, the smoothness of the UTEE and the canvas texture under the UTEE along with the song's lyrics.
supplies:
chipboard
ink- versamark
other- UTEE and fine detail embossing powders, distress stains, dylusions sprays, acrylic paint, feather yarn, chain, canvas cloth and Nesties die.

************************************************

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Nan, this is absolutely stunning! You're an ATC natural!! What a fantastic contrast of the embossed white on black, and the heart with the embedded chain is unbelievably cool! Great to have you play along with us at Fun With ATCs... hope to see you often - you'll be hooked on ATCs!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking ATC. I have done a few ATC'S but didn't do very good with them since they are so small. Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    I have a new challenge blog I thought you might want to check out: nicelydonedesigns.blogspot.com Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely gorgeous!! Love the white embossing and all the details, also the idea to use the broken chain links. Fab ATC.
    Thanks for joining us at Fun with ATCs, hope to see you there again soon.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATC is amazing!!! Just absolutely Gorgeous!! Now you can make ATC's for the next Ink Stains ATC swap. Sounds like it was a lot of fun to make!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great ATC, the heart really pops and I love the broken chain links the different textures work so well.
    Thanks for the shout out and I am so pleased you joined us, Hope to see you again soon.
    Thanks for joining us at Fun With ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ATC is absolutely beautiful, Nan! Love that awesome heart and the chains very very much!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at FwATCs!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab song and a fab ATC... I haven't made an ATC for yonks, I think I may have to go and remedy that! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... Happy New YEar x

    ReplyDelete