Tuesday, December 4, 2012

High Seas

Hello all,

I'm back with another Tag!!! Pick me up off the floor will you! Anyway, I came across this challenge which fit my tag perfectly...

Anything But a Card Challenge 7 - By the Sea
You could use the inspiration pic or anything by the sea; colors, scenes, animals so on. Any type of art except cards is acceptable. 

So with that, here's my tag I created over the weekend. I've used peeled cardboard and another piece of my faux leather. I thought this piece looked very much like the ocean at dawn. When you're on a cruise out to sea at sunrise it's amazingly beautiful. The water is turquoise, blue, green, pink and lavender. Wow! 

I've over stamped the faux leather with Archival black, applying with light pressure so as not to have really dark words. I guess this step is suppose to be done first then the faux leather treatment. Live and learn. I like the way not all of the words get stamped due to the texture of the paper. The cardboard was brushed with Brushed Pewter metallic distress stain. The rubber gasket at the top was dabbed with brushed pewter and antiqued brass stains. This is cool, apply heat and the metallic doesn't rub off the rubber.  I made my own compass out of a clock gear and glued two metal pieces together to simulate a ship's wheel. My ship image is my version of faux scrimshaw. The lace and seam binding ribbon were dyed with Peacock Feathers d.i. and Antiqued Bronze stain. Added a  word tag, some paper string and hemp.....another completed tag!

Enjoy!









supplies:
paper-cardboard, bazzill
stamps - SU, stampers anonymous
ink- distress inks, distress stains, archival
other - misc gears, lace, seam binding, hemp, nesties curved label die, utee, micron pen

**********************************************


10 comments:

  1. Another wonderful piece, Nan... the colours and texture of your corrugated background are just gorgeous! I told you you'd get hooked on tags!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is wonderful, love the lace on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colours, The boat stamp is great and I love all the layers. Great use of the TH new york stamp for the mini tag ;)
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is FANTASTIC!!! It has a wonderful vintage look to it! A lot of the techniques you used sound fun... will have to remember them and try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colours...that faux leather is wonderful. Great stamp and it does indeed evoke feelings of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous stuff. Love the corrugated card and all the other texture you have on your tag. Lovely image too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag. Love all of the different techniques you have used to create depth, texture and interest. The colours are fabulous. Have a great weekend. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful take on our latest theme. I love the layers, the texture and the stamps are perfect. I'm a great fan of corrugated card and love what you've achieved with it. The lace and compass are great little touches. Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time and I do hope we'll see you again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful tag and perfect for our challenge! The 'aged' technique works so well with the colors, and the lacy trim at the bottom is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome tag! loving the colours and the feel of it! Thanks for joining in at anything but a card this week!

    ReplyDelete