Monday, December 3, 2012

Challenge(s) Tag

Good Monday afternoon y'all,

I have a Christmas tag to share with you today. Yep I know a tag! And I've used several new to me techniques creating it, too! First off is the flower...you may remember this piece of faux leather sitting on my desk for WOYWW #182, HERE or scroll down one post. It's amazing what this technique does to paper! Really cool stuff! The tag itself was swiped through leftover Festive Berries d.i. that I used to die my cotton ribbon. After this dried I swiped it through some new Brushed Pewter metallic stain...really cool. Lots of distress ink on the edges before I tried to clear emboss just the edge of the tag. A bit of the clear powder stuck where it shouldn't but after heat setting I liked the gritty texture it gave to parts of the tag. Stamped my ribbon image along one edge. Oh yea, the pattern on the ribbon was stamped with Archival Ink. Also stamped some Christmas words and tried to get some white snowflakes to show up. Not too successful with those. After putting the ribbon and flower on it still need some sparkle so I dug about to find a bling swirl which I cut up and used two small bits. Added some feathery ribbon and done.  Since I have no need of Christmas tags for gifts I'll turn this one into a card. I will post the finished card later in the week. Hope you like my technique-y tag.

Enjoy!

Submitting to:

Joan's Gardens Challenge #42 Make a Christmas tag(s).
Hels' Ink on My Fingers Sunday Stamper - Tags




 (green background to show the feathery ribbon)

(close up of top half of tag)

(close up of the faux leather rose)


Supplies:
Ink- metallic distress stain; distress inks; archival
paper- manila tag; faux leather treatment on cardstock
other-  cotton ribbon, bling swirl, hemp, seam binding, die cut swirl (all from my stash)

**************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. well this is just gorgoeus! I love your flower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your Tag Nan! Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, Nan... you'll be addicted to them in no time! Fabulous flower, and I love your feathery ribbon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag!! Sounds like it was fun to make and play with all your goodies you used! Sorry for the late post... we were away on vacation last week so now I'm catching up on blog visiting. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is awesome! LOVE that flower ... GREAT JOB my friend .. thanks for the inspiration!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rose looks brilliant, Love the colours and bling on the tag.
    Thanks for stopping by and asking about the glue n seal. I find it does lift the colour a little bit, I make sure the inks are dry and even heat set them a little, (not sure if this actually helps) when I use the glue n seal as a resist I apply it slowely and in small amounts with a small ish brush so I can get right up to the edges and can keep the colours clean, Hope that makes sense ;) when its dry you can go over with distress inks, sprays etc and just wipe it off of your covered image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly gorgeous is what you tag is! Love all the different elements, truly scrumptious! Also, thank you for using the apostrophe in the right place with my name... not many peeps get that right lol ..oh ... and... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag. It looks as though it's covered in frost ...... so pretty! Beautiful flower too especially mounted on that delicate die cut.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabulous flower on your beautiful tag and a great idea to use it on a card too. x

    ReplyDelete