Friday, December 21, 2012

Turmoil

Happy Friday everybody!
I was moving pics out of the 'to be posted folder' when I came across a piece that I hadn't posted yet.
This is a 3" square piece of MDF that I've covered with masking tape. Then added layers of wrinkled masking tape. Once I was happy with my wrinkles (not :D ) the whole thing was covered with gesso and painted with distress stains. Brushed on a bit of antiqued bronze with my finger and added some drops of liquid pearls for shimmer.
I was inspired to try playing around with the masking tape after seeing this post by butterfly on Words and Pictures.
My piece is titled 'Turmoil'. It suits my life at the moment.
Enjoy!












Supplies:
masking tape, 3"x3"mdf, gesso, distress stains, liquid pearls

Edit: MDF is Medium Density Fiberboard. Sawdust and glue compressed under great pressure. Makes a very dense sturdy wood product.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. I just love it!! What is "mdf"? Everything just flows together so perfectly and the colors are gorgeous! Well done Nan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and colors!!! The depth of the texture of the wrinkled tape is amazing. I'll have to fool around with this technique after the first of the year. Thanks for sharing it with us! I don't know what the mdf is either.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea, Nan with the masking tape. I should try it. I do mixed-media and I've been reading about using it.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning, Nan! I love the effect you've achieved with the tape, and the patina from those metallics and pearls is wonderful... you've taken my little effort to the next level!
    Do hope your Christmas is not too full of turmoil, and that you find time for some restful peace and creativity!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the colours and textures are brilliant. I hope your life is not in to much turmoil. Thank you for your comments. I would love to see your ATC if you find the time. Mark.

    ReplyDelete