Sunday, January 6, 2013

Butterfly ATC

Good morning friends,

My my I am having a very productive and fun year, creatively that is. Now to keep it going for another fifty and half more weeks! LOL

Today I have a butterfly ATC to show you. ATC #2!

This was on my desk for woyww 187 last week. The butterfly is wooden (a gift from a friend and new) that's been colored with perfect pearls powder on the wings and InkaGold paste on the flower. The ATC was covered with TH tissue wrap but I didn't like the way the grey chipboard showed through so I covered it with a thick layer of gesso then sprayed perfect pearls mists pearl and glimmer mist tattered rose on it. Added some stamping using TH reflections and small butterfly stamps. Inked only the words 'to be' from another stamp and hand cut it out. Then used glossy accents to attach the butterfly and some small flowers with leaves in the corner.

Submitting to:
Fun With ATCs challenge #78 - Something New
My new is using tissue wrap and the wooden butterfly.

Celebrate today!


Please excuse my shadow on the lower left of the pic.

Supplies:
ATC - chipboard
Paper- TH tissue wrap
Ink-archival
Stamps-TH/scampers anonymous
Other- gesso, tattered angels glimmer mist, perfect pearls mists, wooden butterfly
*************************************************************************************
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, Nan - I love how you've coloured the wooden embellishment, and the background is so subtly shimmery! Another cracking ATC, thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan,I agree with Alison, the colours look great, the butterfly looks right at home there.
    thanks for joining us at fun with atc's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the threedimensionality of the tissue wrap and the butterfly on the flower, Nan!

    Looks fantastic!
    Thank you very much for joining us at FwATCs so regularly and with such gorgeous artwork!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! The colors just work so well together and I really like the shimmery background! I enjoyed reading about how you created the background.... love it when something in our minds doesn't translate quite right to paper, but then it becomes better with more layering and additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You turned lemons into lemonade...i love posts like that. Your ATC looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! Love the background and the butterfly embellishment, very beautifully colored. Thanks a lot for playing along with us at FwATCs. Looking forward to seeing more of your works in the future :-)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just an amazing piece! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shadow forgiven, Nan. This is a stunning ATC!!!!

    I'm still hopping along WOYWW, and realized I hadn't seen you, so I thought I'd pop in. Darnell #30

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, lovely ATC, not see these butterflies before. Great colour scheme too.

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ATC, love your butterfly and colours. Thanks for stopping in at my blog and you will love Ryn's waterdroplets & starfish ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete