Friday, January 4, 2013

Butterfly & Rose

Evening all, Sometime ago one of the peeps I follow commented on my blog "you'll get hooked on making tags". Yepper, I am! Now that I've discovered how fun these are and what a neat way to try new techniques and not waste a ton of paper if you don't like the results...HOOKed that's me!
I started the tag background a week ago playing around with TH's dabber resist technique. Didn't read all the steps so I ended up smooshing my white image by pressing too hard. :) So I've add some more layers including TH reflections words. My tag is being entered over on the Sunday Stamper challenge hosted by Hels. Criteria this week - use Words.
I've also stamped flourishes and leaves using acrylic paints. My flower is a ruffled satin ribbon rose with a few Prima leaves d.i. inked and a fussy cut butterfly from the mariposa template.
Back tomorrow with (ssshhh......an ATC!) :O
Celebrate today!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. ooh love the bright sunny colours... tis so pretty and that rose is LUSH! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and a very Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious tag... gorgeous colours, and what a stunning background! So glad you're hooked...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is fabulous!! Sometimes when you think a 'mistake' is made, it really turns out beautiful... the 'smooshed' white in your background is fantastic...adding interest. I'm a big fan of tags too. There is no right or wrong way to make one... just whatever looks good to your eye. It's kinda like art journaling, but only on a smaller surface.

    ReplyDelete