Friday, January 4, 2013

Dragons Dream TIO #132

Yes, a second post from me! (for my Sunday stamper post click Here ).

Told'cha I was hooked on tags! This one is for the Dragons Dream Tag It On #132 - Behind Closed Doors. Criteria - a door, a key and a lock

My tag was specifically made for the Dragons Dream challenge but also qualifies for Simons Says Stamp - New Something challenge.

The back ground is a mish-mash of layers of distress inks and stains which came out very muddy and bloody looking so I added white acrylic paint and metallic stains trying to lighten it. Love the way it turned out! The door is coated with fired brick crackle paint (new) and then rubbed with black soot d.i. to bring out the cracks. This was over stamped with a Heartfelt Creations door stamp. The key, the fab key (love it Caroline!) and my lock is the latch on the outside which then becomes a lock.

Open the door and you see more of the metallic stain shimmer and a sentiment from HC with the frame flourish from WaltzingMouse stamps. Add a metal flower, shimmery ribbon, a word bar and there you have it.

I present my 'behind closed doors' tag. Remember the song by Charlie Rich? Ooho showing my age. :)

Celebrate today!














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love all the cohesive elements! :) Thank you for playing along in the "Something New" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tag. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that the door opens to reveal the message! Awesome tag!
    Hugs from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag. Love that the door opens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant way to hide a message, love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool... went to have a look at the pics in close-up and I love the textures in your background and on the door! Brilliant tag...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome!! It's gorgeous! I lol'd when I read the key was from your prize goodies I sent you... I didn't recognize it, but I'm very glad you enjoyed using it. Maybe it will be your good luck to win both challenges! I love how your door opens too!!... will remember that idea for the future! Thanks for sharing and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea Nan G, love your tag. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete