Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hmm-bird tag

Oh my has it been two weeks since I've posted?! Time just seems to be crawling by.....Not! (Edit: I have tried for two days to get this post done. sigh)

I have been busy with life and a bit of craftiness. Here's a quick post of a recent tag. Unbeknownst to me, Hels' Sunday Stamper's theme this week is Birds. Have a look at her blog as she does some amazing stuff, Ink on My Fingers. 

So here's my tag - I used one of my 'playing around' tag backgrounds on which I've stamped with white acrylic paint and did the spritz 'n flick. Since my label was going to cover most of the paint stamping I added a bit more in the opposite corners. I'm starting to get the hang of this stamping with paint. I like!

My images on the labels 11 tag are all from SU. I probably should of fussy cut and pop dotted  the Hmmm-bird but this will do. This little tag is spritzed with perfect pearls mists in antique gold and cappuccino. Really like the dots of color and they shimmer in the light.

The seam binding ribbon was colored with distress stains; tea dye and tarnished brass and a bit of water. I looped the bow and tied off before drying with the heat tool, as the metallic stains makes the ribbon a bit stiff. Once dried the bow holds it shape! How cool is that? Added a few pieces of white ball chain and called it done.


Enjoy and Celebrate today!







supplies:
distress and memento inks, distress stains, stamps-su and stampers anonymous, perfect pearls mists, seam binding, chain, acrylic paint, manila folder, bazzill cardstock.



******************************************


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love hummingbirds, this is stunning... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is enchantingly pretty, Nan! Love the colours - especially that white stamping, and your bow is a triumph...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely wonderful and gorgeous tag Nan!! All of the different techniques work so well together and gives it a nice vintage look to it... bet it is stunning in person! The white paint stamping in the background is fantastic... I'll have to remember to try it soon. I just love everything about this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Nan! You have such a wonderful style about you! Always inspiration when I stop by! Have a fabulous day and thanks for popping by my blog the other day ... it was so nice to see you!
    HUGS from OHIO!
    Dar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! It has a vintage feel to it that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, love the vintage style colours ! Thanks for stopping in at my blog again as it brought me back here ! Have a great Sunday ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps... meant to say that I love the photo of your 'girls' being a cat person myself (we have two) Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty tag - adorable!
    xxx
    FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

    maybe you want to participate in one of our challenges - wouls be wonderful to see you there once this year!
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
    MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there. Your tag is lovely and pretty. just my colours too. I also want to say thanks for your kind words about my masks, you made my day special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Nancy, so creative and I love those colours. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag! Love the hummingbird, dangles, bow, and color!

    ReplyDelete