Monday, February 11, 2013

FwATCs #80

Hey blogger friends,

well, here I am at 12:15 a.m. trying to get my submission for Fun with ATCs in under the wire. I've had a difficult time getting a decent pic of this ATC, which is a piece of rumpled tin foil attached to a chipboard base. The foil was stained with alcohol inks and distress stains to give a rusting appearance. On this I've stamped flourishes in archival jet black. The edges were inked with mowed lawn d.i. and a bit of distress stickles/pewter to mimic moss. My flourish/flower was cut with an old sizzix die from journal paper colored with distress stains and smeared with a bit of distress metallic stain. The dew drop centers are held in with black stickles. the word banner was cut from the dictionary and highlights the meaning of the word 'flourish'. a small dragonfly and some metal flakes were added to the flowers. I'm entering this in

Fun with ATCs - Flourishes

 Catch ya layer in the week.

Remember to Celebrate today!



supplies:
chipboard, tin foil, scrap paper, dew drops, distress stickles, distress stain, archival ink, distress inks, brad

*************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the gold & texture on this. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the dictionary quote.I love the back ground. thanks for joining us at fun with atc's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - its a great work - the back ground is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Nan! That metallic background is a thing of beauty, and I love the flourishing branch of flowers, and the tiny little dragonfly too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I love the background with its texture and metallic shine, yummie. The flowers and the little dragonfly look great on it.
    Thanks for playing along with us at FwATCs.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a-mazing I so love the background, stunning.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enlarged this so I could get a good look at it. That background is amazing! So much texture going on. Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so pretty with the flowers and the little dragonfly, but if you don't do this sort of thing, it is amazing the amount of violence that goes into this style of art! I had visions of you, Nan, crumpling and hammering and distressing and cutting and smearing!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your atc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!!! You make me want to make some ATC's right now!! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete