Friday, February 15, 2013

Letter E

Evening everyone,
I'm joining the Craft Barn's Alpha/Dictionary challenge.  I'm already two letters behind but hope to keep up from here on in. You can find the specifics of the challenge HERE. This fortnight's challenge is the LETTER 'E'


I randomly tore out a page in the Letter E section of the dictionary. Scanning the words to see what caught my eye. EQUINE is the word I choose as I had patterned dp of a bronco and rider that I could use.  I've stamped ghost images of a horse around the page. Fussy cut a darker version of the bronco and rider and popped it over a lighter image. My word was highlighted by drawing a box around it. On the sides of the pages I've attached barbed wire pattern paper.
Rather simple, but it is my first foray into art journaling. Even tho' I've had the covers for over 2 years. I'll post those next week.
For now let's Celebrate today!




 




supplies:
paper-manila card stock, patterned dp (unknown)
ink-archival jet black, distress vintage photo
stamps-gina k design
other-micron pen, hemp twine

*****************************************************


10 comments:

  1. Great Equine page loving your background!
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this BG. Interesting choice of letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! I love your background and how you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to tear out a page in the dictionary and pick a word from there to make something from. I love it! What a great make Nan G. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 3-D addition of the rope. The whole page has a great western feel. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...fab page..love every detail..esp. the string/rope addition! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is great, love the addition of the barbed wire paper and the rope.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cool Nan... and I love that you've had the covers for two years, waiting for the Art Journalling bug to bite again!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful E page
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a cool challenge and your page turned out beautifully!! Love the earth tone colors you used!

    ReplyDelete