Thursday, February 28, 2013

Letter H


Wow! Two posts in one day from me. It has been a very productive day, creatively that is. 

First my cabinet card page and now my Letter H for the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary challenge.

As you may or may not know, I randomly pull a page from my dictionary from within the specified letter, in this case, the letter H. From the words on either side of this page I select the word I will depict using stuff from stash. Today my word is HARLEQUIN.

I've torn the page down a bit to fit my album base page but not as small as for the letter 'e'. After masking off the word, the page was distressed with wild honey, mowed lawn and a bit of vintage photo ink.

I dry embossed the right side using a harlequin e.f. This pattern was highlighted with a bit of tarnished brass d.i. stain, some outlining with a white marker and a black Stablio ALL pencil. (a new love!) 

Using a TH harlequin stamp I've added some patterning here n there around the page in archvial sepia. Did a little of the spritz n flick then misted with perfect pearls mist turquoise (difficult to photo but the page shimmers) and to add some deeper blue I splotched some drops of dylusions blue in a few places. 

The clowns are sort of fussy cut from an older G45 d.p. Their edges inked in black d.i. marker and attached with foam tape to add dimension. Drew lines around my word with the stablio ALL pencil after removing the mask. And done!

And there you have my Letter H. I really like this page and hope you do too.

Celebrate the day!


















supplies:
paper- g45, bazzill
ink- distress inks, archival, dylusions
stamps- th stampers anonymous
other- stablio all pencil, white marker, d.i. stains, embossing folder

**********************************

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! I absolutely love it!! I'm really enjoying art journaling recently and this fits the bill too. This Alpha challenge just sounds like a lot of fun... I'll have to check it out more this weekend. Thanks for sharing your page and your enthusiasm! Oh, and thanks too for the comment answer you left on my blog about your new pretty watermark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of word and how you've depicted it. A brilliant page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary ! LOVE your page, the 'harlequin' inking goes great with your images. We were both on the G45 images:), they are so nice. thanks for your kind words at my blog & have a great day! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page so much detail and texture

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous page, wonderful word, you have captured it perfectly.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this page, gorgeous background and texture and the G45 papers are just superb as always and perfect for the job.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a fabulous page with so much detail. Great word choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely fantastic, Nan - I love how you've used the papers to create a really dramatic page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Awesome job!
    And the tags in a post below too.

    Susan, NR 60 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the texture on your page.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fab page and great images too, Kim

    ReplyDelete