Saturday, February 23, 2013

Metallica Heart Shield

Yes, it's another heart. For some reason this year I was drawn to the heart shape not the holiday that exploits it. 

This time I cut  the largest of the Spellbinders Nested Hearts from grunge paper which was covered in sticky back foil. (what a chore to cut! no need to emboss this happened while being cut, whew!) Using q-tips, I applied red pepper and a combo of stonewashed & sail boat alcohol inks. Trying my best to not color the embossed flourish. In the center of the blue I've stamped the mini blueprint heart in Archival jet black (see close up). The whole thing was lightly covered with black paint which was immediately dabbed off to blunt the shine and highlight the pitted affect on the foil. At the top I've placed a mini bottle cap with a heart peeking out from under a gear. The small heart is a TH mini colored with aged mahogany stain and heat set. When the glossy accents was added again, the swirly pattern was created and a bit of faux bleaching to boot! To this I added 3 silver pearls died blue to match the background heart.

I hope you like my Metallica Heart Shield which I am entering in:

Simon Say Stamp and Show - Metal-ology

Celebrate the day!


Look close and you'll just make out the stamped mini blueprint behind the small heart.

Supplies:
paper-grunge board, sticky back foil
dies- spellbinders, TH alterations mini hearts
other- ranger alcohol ink, acrylic paint, glossy accents, beads, d.i. stains

9 comments:

  1. Wow - looks so cool, Nan! Love the blue metallic plate, and the amazing glowing heart in the centre... fantastic work.
    And a Yay! for the V-Day refuseniks... we'll have to have a gang next year!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the color metal heartshaped shield! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your heart is gorgeous! Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful...and 3D! What a gorgeous filigree metal heart...perfectly colored! Thank you for showing us your metals at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Grunge paper with sticky foil sounds really thick, but I like it embossed it at the same time. I'll have to remember this trick! Maybe some wax paper to help release the sticky foil from the die? Yours is super gorgeous and I like the colors you used! Sorry for the late comment, but I was away on vacay for the last 2 weeks in Orlando enjoying warmer weather... at least this past week any way. We had frost on the card weekend before last with a low of 31. I thought y'all were warmer in Florida this time of year! LOL

    ReplyDelete