Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Twice Charmed...

Hey everyone,

Thought I would get my charms for the upcoming charms/ATC swap over at Ink Stains with Roni posted. These were being packaged last Wednesday and were in my WOYWW desk pic. For the charm swap we had a choice of General and/or Winter holiday. Since I'm on a 'heart' kick which seems to be the symbol for valentines day (not a fan), I've made a set for each catagory. I am till working on my ATCs, as in, don't have a clue what I'm going to make. :)

I know I probably say this each time I make charms but I love these! They turned out so cool! Glad I made an extra one of each for myself this time. :)




First up are my G45 cameo charms. I've used small semi-flatten bottle caps. (yes more bottle caps) I've painted and stained these to mimic faux wood similar to the pic frames at the turn of century here in the US. I then fussy cut the ladies from a border section of a piece of G45 Ladies' Dairy design paper. The cameos were then floated in glossy accents. Unfortunately, I used some matte accents in a couple and this blurred the d.p. background so the pink polka dots and the script doesn't show up very well.






Next are my Geared Hearts, steam punk charms. Lots of faux rusting and metal and. . .  yes, a bottle cap! A mini bottle cap! In the bottle cap is a red heart brad (cut the brad legs off). This is attached to a small TH cog that's been painted and rusted with Vintaj patina. On the reverse we have a clock part with a tiny rusted heart. The charm hangs from a doubled bit of rusted chain.







I sure had a blast making these. I hope you and the recipients like them.

Well, I'm off to work on a new clock and my Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary journal page. 

Celebrate today (tonight).




5 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous! What do you do with all the beautiful things you make like these charms? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous!! Both are so different from each other, but I love them both!! You make me want to play in the charm swap now!! LOL I can tell you put a lot of effort in creating them with all the faux surfaces you made. I know whomever receives these will be thrilled! (OH... btw... I like your new watermark... did you make it and how do you make a fancy one like yours?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous, Nan... the chic 1920s ones are enchanting, but it's those steampunky heart ones that win my heart - fabulous work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your charms are gorgeous, love all of them :) I also like Graphic 45 paper it's beautiful. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog for WOYWW!

    Do you always use Vintaj Patina to fauw rust the bottle caps?

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete