Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ATC swap

Holy Smokes! Has it really been three weeks since I've done a non-WOYWW post?! Life and my hands just haven't been cooperating folks. I am on the mend now on both fronts, so I plan to be back to regular creating and posting. 

The ATCs I'm sharing today were finished (just) before my hands went on strike. The pics aren't great as I took them in a hurry with my iPad so I could get them in the mail to Ink Stains with Roni in order to beat the deadline. I must say these gave me fits, as in, mojo took a hiatus before the hands did.

I started with a manila folder cut into fourths, on this I did the blended batik background following TH's instructions in his book, Compendium of Curiosities. Once I was happy with my shading using wild honey and scattered straw d.i., I cut the pieces into ATC size. Did a bit more stamping with archival ink using the TH butterfly stamp. I used only the bottom line of a sentiment for my words and outlined parts of the butterflies with a sakura gelly roll pen for some shimmer. Over all of this I triple embossed with Utee embossing powder. The edges were then inked with a pitt artist big brush pen in dark sepia.  I do like the finished ATCs and hope the recipients do also.

Take care everyone and ..... Celebrate the day!




supplies:
paper-chipboard, manila folder
ink-archival, distress inks, versamagic
stamps-stampers anonymous
other-utee embossing powder


******************************************

1 comment:

  1. These are GORGEOUS Nan!!! Anyone who is lucky enough to get one in the swap will be thrilled I think! It sure doesn't look like your mojo went on vacation!! The colors are amazing... it would look great on a full size journal page. I'm sorry your hands haven't been your crafty friends recently... hope you feel better soon! I know how life can get otherwise too... I'm not doing computer time quite as much either trying to be more active and not sit at the computer all day....plus with the spring weather.... it just calls me outside. Thanks for sharing your ATC's... they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete