Thursday, March 28, 2013

Letter P

Darn I missed last fortnight's letter of Ma-Me and this week I'm just getting in before the deadline.

Oh well, here goes.....my entry for week 6 and the letter P over at the Craft Barn's Alpha/Dictionary challenge.

My randomly torn dictionary page yielded the word - Posy.  I tore the piece down so I had just a small fragment of the dictionary page around my word to attach to my journal page. I then blended the purple distress inks on a plain manila page and heat set those. Then stamped several different flower garlands in varying inks and paint around the page. Did the spritz and flick or in my case, I dribble water from a narrow straw onto the distress inks, stood the page upright so the water would run down then dried. On top of that layer I've spritzed some perfect pearls mists, dried, then attached and outlined my word - Posy. In the corner I've attached a large flower made from rolled cheese cloth that was dyed with distress stains. In the center is a large white button painted with pearl paints and in it's center is a purple button covered with grape stickles. The outer edges of the page were lightly inked with distress vintage photo to blend in with the rest of my journal.


you can just see the shimmer of perfect pearl mists on the flower. unfortunately, not so much on the background.







a before shot of the flower


supplies: manila cardstock, distress inks and stains, archival inks, acrylic paint, perfect pearls mists, cheese cloth, buttons, stablio all pencil

******************************************


14 comments:

  1. That is such a cool flower! What a great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and stamping at the background fits the beautiful flower perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...incredibly beautiful! Every bit of this journal page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful page, Nan - I love the floral stamping and beautiful inking, and that flower is just lovely - what an amazing journal this is going to be!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, LOVE the flower! Happy Easter, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page and your cheesecloth flower is gorgeous!!! Yes, cheesecloth is now on my shopping list. :o) Love all the depth from the layering of inks and sprays you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!
    Love the flower
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful background, love the colours and the wonderful flower.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful journal page and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Nan, this is absolutely beautiful work, so much detail to enjoy!!! Thank you for joining us over at The Craft Barn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful page and word choice love your flower...cheesecloth I remember it well lol; your background has so much detail and colour

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nan ... what a fabulous cheesecloth flower.. it seems we are all impressed with it! x
    Thank you for the comments and support for my blog ... it's very kind of you .... The cardstock I use the most is White Linen from the Papermill Direct ....such a great texture for PanPastels!
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Posy looking forward to your "R". BJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Posy page:)
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete