Saturday, March 30, 2013

March AO Referral #2

This is my second entry for the March Referral at ARTISTIC OUTPOST.  I'm using their stamp plate Quote & Quotables again, as it's the only stamps I have from them.

Going to keep this short as I wrote a short novel for my first entry, see previous post. 

You've seen this mini cabinet card before on my WOYWW post, here.  The texture was created by scraping the paint off my craft mat with a palette knife. The curls were still a bit moist so I plopped them down onto the mini and adhered them with a coat of clear gesso. A total experiment that worked! Love the texture and the twists of color!

The last line of JK Rowling's quote was inked in archival sepia and stamped onto a scrap of card. Attaching this to the mini panel then adding some streaks of peacock stain to the middle section as it was too 'white' compared to the texture bits. The outer edge received the sepia big brush treatment. To add more dimension and texture I sprinkled some turquoise micro beads and a few silver beads around the paint texture. Added one shiny gem and called it done!

Celebrate the day!
 



**************************************************


3 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful Little Sister! Happy Birthday!!!!!! Love Ya Bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, really interesting texture and beautiful colours.
    Happy Birthday and Happy Easter
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat piece!!! Looks like it was so fun to make and so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete