Thursday, April 4, 2013

...our house, an ATC

Evening folks,

I am back with another ATC for the Fun with ATCs challenge #84 - Writing.
(Edit: I won FwATCs Top 3 with this one! woo hoo!)



For this one I covered a piece of chipboard with old book text and cut the ATC using TH's die then ran the ATC through again using TH's on the edge die, townscape. The houses were painted with wild honey distress stain and the grassy area with mowed lawn distress ink. To emphasize my sentiment, the middle house was colored with picked raspberry distress ink and paper pieced

middle house was originally dusty concord but was too dark

Using one of my grab bag stamps, I've added clumps of grass and small flowers. The whole ATC was edged with the sepia pitt big brush pen. I also used it to draw some shingles on the end house since it was partially cut off.


My sentiment is a portion of the repeating phrase from a song by 'madness' in the early 80's and would be the one I am more familiar with. When I cut this ATC those words came to mind so I went in search of them since they described my ATC - perfectly.

Here's ...our house, in the middle of...




Enjoy and Celebrate!


supplies: chipboard, book text, distress stains, distress inks, pitt big brush pen, stablio all pencil, unknown stamp

****************************************************

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I remember Madness and their songs very well :-) Loved to listen to them ... and still do sometimes. Your ATC is hilarious and unique! Love it, love it. Marvelous. Thanks for sharing this little colorful piece at FwATCs. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super nice idea and realized really great!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Gosh, this is gorgeous!!!! Love your lovely ATC, Nan!!!!

    Thank you for joining us at FunwithATCs!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x


    Posted by die amelie to froggy designs at April 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I think everyone should live in a raspberry colored house! Oh wait... maybe that is supposed to be everyone needs rose colored glasses... bwahahaha. Silliness aside, your ATC is unique and creative!! Looks like it was fun to make too! Big + in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile - it's lovely.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad I came to this one last... it's definitely my favourite of the three! Wonderful work with the houses, the little raspberry one is so cool foregrounded like that. And the grassy stamping, and the simple words... and you've got me singing too - so thank you for that. And thank you for playing along so enthusiastically with us at Fun With ATCs!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, this is precious!! I've only made one ATC before, for Julia's last ATC hop, and I need to get over there and make a note of when the next one is coming up, so I can start the thinking process. It's been inspirational seeing how you've done your beauties!!

    ReplyDelete