Friday, May 10, 2013

evermore. . .

I always thought it was "Nevermore quoth the Raven", well, my raven is saying 'evermore'!

My texture is an embossing folder used on the Artful Dwellings brushed with gesso and the raven has been embossed with distress embossing powder. I flicked off some to leave smooth places and brushed more gesso.  The background has various blues and black soot distress inks blended then spritzed n flick. Love this technique! My saying was stamped with brown stazon ink using a hero arts mini alphabet stamp set.

Submitting to the following challenges:

Anything But A Card - ATCs

Fun With ATCs - Texture 

We're having wonderfully warm weather again. (think hi 80s!) And everyone seems to be in a light n bright spring mood except me. Hence, a rather Goth ATC. Hope you enjoy.

Celebrate living!





supplies: 
inks-distress, stazon
dies-th/sizzx artful dwellings
stamps-hero arts; stampers anonymous
paper-from my scrap bag

**************************************************

17 comments:

  1. beautiful, great texture and depth. love the colour choices too. thanks for joining us at ABAC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, and for joining us at fun with atc's xx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like it? - love it. It's beautiful
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous ATC, Nan... the dimension from the layering is so gorgeous, and I love all the texture you've created with the embossing - wet and dry! Absolutely love it... thank you so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Made me think of a bird flying over mountains! Great texture and depth. Wonderful colors too... almost metallic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so creative. I love the texture and dimension. What fun techniques you used on this. Gorgeous.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ATC, Nan!

    You created such amazing depth with your layers - it really looks like a shadow box (without a box *lol). Veeery pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at FunwithATCs!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ATC, great vintage feel & texture. Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely distressed finsih you have created. Love how you have built up the layers and the contrast between the browns and the blue with the birds in the background. Brlliant. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this time. Lisette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous ATC Nan. I love all those layers and the textures are just wonderful. I love it! Thanks for joining us at ABAC x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nan, this is one gorgeous ATC! I love the colours, the die cut dwelling, the raven and I think I prefer your twist on the Poe quote too! Wonderful.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning ATC, love everything about it ... the die cut shapes, the colours, the texture and the image. Great work! Thank you so much for joining us at FwATCs. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. G'day Nancy
    I love love this birdy art you made...its gorgeous. I didn't see it here the other day when I popped in. Thanks for popping by and letting me know the new design of my blog looks Ok and glad you and others can read it now. My Mum's name is Nancye!!
    hugs
    Annette In Oz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nan,

    Beautiful ATC!

    I can't believe I've been MIA for so long......

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow - it´s so fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this ATC! Amongst the rooftops, the muted colors are full of texture...and the bird flies off the page. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful ATC. I love how the little birds fly way high up in the sky.

    ReplyDelete