Saturday, July 27, 2013

PINK II

A continuation of working out of my comfort zone, color-wise. I've used my three pink ATCs and joined them to a cabinet card.



The cabinet card was made from a piece of cardstock I used to mop up the excess ink/water from the wrinkle free distress technique used for the ATCs. I also smeared the remaining gesso on this paper. hmm, I liked the way it looked and positioned it carefully over the TH cabinet card die and ran all through my cuttlebug. A floral cameo on top and a few pearls here n there....what else could I do? 


Ah! I have three ATCs! Let's hook them all together for a wall hanging! So I wound some wire and cut it into small springs, stretched em a bit, then punched holes in all the card pieces. Once attached the wire was looking pretty wimpy...aha! light bulb moment. :) I've run a small shimmery white ribbon through the wire and attached a bunch of tiny white bows. 


Do you see how itty bitty those bows are?! Cramped my hands big time making those and I used the bow-easy tool.

I'm submitting this very pink decorative piece to:

The Artistic Stamper - July Challenge - Ladies Day (see the ghost ladies on the ATCs)
and
The Artistic Outpost - July Referral Anything goes (use an AO stamp) 

Whew! Six posts from me this week! Guess I'll take a few days off.  I will be online less as I'll be getting ready for my first class in August on the 1st. I'll see you though for WOYWW and maybe few other places in blogland.

Have a great new week.

Celebrate!

Edit: sorry for the somewhat blurred pics. Even with the camera turned on it's side this piece is long and was difficult to photograph and get the words to stay in focus. How do you others do it? 

********************************************** 


6 comments:

  1. I wanna make one just like yours Little Sister 🐸! You know I would just love it!! TEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inky backgrounds, pretty in pink! Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Nan - I think the pink works so beautifully with the gesso to soften it. Lovely quotes, and the little springy connectors look brilliant. Thank you so much for playing along both at The Artistic Stamper and Artistic Outpost.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy girl!! Love this wall hanging... a lot of mixed media goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For not being a "pink" person, you did a fantastic job on that wall hanging. I loved, loved, loved it. The concept of it was great. And I can feel the pain in your hands, too from those teeny, tiny bows.

    I have a really puny camera, and it's practically impossible for me to get good clear shots. I often take an overall photo, then scan things so people can see what I've done and how the finished project turned out.

    ReplyDelete