Monday, July 22, 2013

Postcard Art for UPA & RR challenges

Hey everyone! Hope you had a fab weekend. I was mega productive this weekend! Hopefully, I can get everything posted this week for you.

Today I have my first attempt at postcard art. I just saw this on a few blogs including Unruly Paper Arts - RAQ1. I also thought the sketch over on Rogue Redheads Challenge #25 was inspiring and used it to create my postcard.




I applied the wrinkle free distress technique to a 4"x6" piece of thin chipboard that came in a bundle of paper. This had a glossy side and a matte side. I've used the glossy side. Aren't postcards glossy?

I then followed the sketch by stamping a damask in the long section and dots then checkered board in the two smaller sections using archival rosé madder and pale ochre. Wow! Really bright so I scraped some gesso over it using an old plastic card. Also used the card edge to draw my divider lines. Added a bit of crackle stamping (my new fave TH stamp) and the top half of a TH sentiment. For my interpretation of the sketch I've used this oval TH floral flourish stamp. Hope it's accepted.

A couple coats of a spray sealer before the tissue paper stamped image was added. My hands were kind of shaky as I was attaching the stamped tissue paper so the image looks like its been shadow stamped. Several more coats of the sealer and finis!

I hope you like it.

Celebrate life!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

14 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love the gorgeous image and the rich color! Thanks for playing at RRD & UPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool ... love your choice of colors and the design is PERFECT! Thanks for inspiration my friend and hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rustic feel to your postcard, beautiful! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your gorgeous postcard, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Nan!! Love the vintage feel/look to it! Good luck in the challenges too... it sounds like you had fun making it. Would like to know more about the tissue paper stamping... gave a nice shadow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love how you turned the sketch. Thanks for joining the RRD Rebel Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great background! Love the way you used the credit card to add interest to your already beautifully colored background. the design and thought are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's beautiful, Nan. The background is so lovely, and I rather like the slight ghosting on the tissue paper image... it adds a lovely depth.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and gorgeous colours
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Nan. Love the colours.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Worked it out just fine and just realised on my previous comment said t it was Sat night! der!! it's Fri night well done on your inky card, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, great postcard.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete