Monday, October 7, 2013

Delft charms

Good Monday to you my friends!

Back with my second set of charms for the swap with InkStainswithRoni. You can see my Halloween charms HERE.

Today I'm showing you the charms I've made for the general category.




I'm calling these Mini Delft Plates as they were inspired by this old delft plate hanging on the wall in my hall.


For both sets of charms I've made wrinkle free distress tags to attach my charms and provide my info for the swap. The next few pics show the tags for my Halloween and Mini Delft plates.



For the Halloween tags I've used persimmon, tea dye and pewter distress stains for the wf technique. A bit of a harlequin stencil in spiced marmalade, stamped image and distressed the edges in black soot. Top left tag shows the back of the tags.




I'm not too thrilled with the blue tags. These are my first attempt using the wrinkle free technique with the new distress paints. Base layer is dp broken china over this I've stenciled with white acrylic paint and then stamped the flower image with StazOn ink. The edges were distressed with broken china and a touch of black soot ink. (Looking forward to CC102 to learn more about using dp.)



And here's all of the charms attached and ready to be shipped to Roni.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. These look wonderful, I like the blue ones
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you been busy! I love the tags, and charms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning charms and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you have been a busy bee! Love the charms and the tags are also wonderful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your charms Nan and the tags have great backgrounds too. It's great that we are inspired by things around us. Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what wonderful charms you made!! Love that beautiful Delft blue colour, so aptly named. Love the tags too, what a busy lady you have been, they all look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your charms are a wonderful addition to these beautiful tags. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful collection Nan,
    Clever you taking inspiration from the plate. They look great!
    Thanks for sharing ;D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both sets of tags look great, and I love the blue ones (I'm a blue fan of course!)... the Delft charms are just adorable, what a lovely idea.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete