Thursday, October 24, 2013

Framed

Hey friends,

Teased you yesterday with a sneak peek of an altered frame. Here's the full reveal.




I was going to make a Halloween-ish frame with spider flowers....well the flowers turned out so cool and not very spider ish, I had to change the background for them. The collage pic below shows all the painty layers.

Starting in the upper left as a plain wood frame, a layer of pumice stone d.p., used Neelz shoal mask as ghosts, then streaked with evergreen bough and black soot dp and a coat of rock candy crackle paint.




Once I had the color I wanted I added matte black embossing paste words and lines using the TCW ledger stencil.

Now for the flowers, cut from patterned paper and a shiny black with a linen texture using HC Delicate Asters and Sun-kissed Fleur dies. A Nesties rolled rose and some gear die cuts scattered in the layers for good measure. The flower centers are glass beads while the two large spidery flowers have captured a glass heart each. The turquoise leaves were embossed with black acrylic paint while still in the die.












My sentiment is from Artistic Outpost's Typography plate. It's stamped on textured cardstock with brilliance ink, heat set then sprayed with a clear sealer.




I'm entering this in:
Artistic Outpost October Referral-Anything Goes using Artistic Outpost stamps

I think my non-Halloween frame featuring the color black turned out pretty cool. Hope you like it too.

I'll be back tomorrow with the 'second in a series' wood squares.

Celebrate friends!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

  1. WOW, Nan this is gorgeous, love the colours here and the gorgeous flowers and sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely fab, Nan. I must have some of those mirrors lying around somewhere ... must look for them. You did a great job, love the treatment of the frame. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is this! I just love the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous frame, love those flowers! Thanks for your alcohol ink tips! Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW... this is GORGEOUS!!! Sounds like so much fun was had making it... lovin' all the layers of paints and crackle. The flowers you made are super gorgeous and the one 'sideways' view of the aster curled under does look like spider I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is just awesome Nan and you're right ... those flowers are amazing! LOVE the color and overall design! YOU GO GIRL!!!
    HUGS from OHIO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious, Nan - those flowers really are very special, and I love that you followed your instinct to change the project to work around them... the texture and painty layers of the frame are a worthy setting for them. Gorgeous use of the sentiment too. Lovely to have you play along with us at Artistic Outpost.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours and the gorgeous flowers! A lovely make, Nan! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this altered frame and the flowers on the corner! Great way to display that AO sentiment! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete