Friday, October 25, 2013

Second in Series

Continuing with my series using MDF squares and masking tape, today I present the second of three in this series.... 'Broken'.



The MDF square was covered with wrinkled masking tape. This was covered with silver mixactive alcohol ink. The heart is chile pepper alcohol ink. The whole thing was covered with black soot dp and rubbed off. The close up below shows the fine lines and texture from the masking tape.



The wood screw was painted with black soot and tarnished brass dp then chile pepper alcohol ink dripped over it.

The word 'heart' is stamped on tissue paper torn then adhered with glue n seal.

I had originally planned to entered this in UPA's RAQ 1 but missed the deadline. The theme was broken hearts.

I am very pleased with this piece and it's somewhat macabre nature.

Celebrate art!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Nan this is gorgeous, hun, have to say it fits my mood today, my oldest Son and his partner, lost their baby last night, so very heartbroken today..Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love the silver and pink. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I need lessons with you using alcohol inks :) Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant make, Nan - I love the texture and completely agree about the macabre atmospheric look - I love it.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments, and apologies for having got so behind - but you've seen why! Clearing out and leaving the family home of 40 years has been draining, but I'm looking forward to doing some catching up.

    To answer your question - here's the craft mat. The brilliant Craft Obsessions even emailed round beforehand to see if enough people would be interested if they offered large mats... so I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who said "yes please"! Mine's the medium sized one...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never guessed that was masking tape... you have 'altered' it so perfectly!! Such a cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleased with it too. Great texture!

    ReplyDelete