Saturday, February 8, 2014

FYI....

Just popping into the blog to say HI. I know I've been away for awhile. Now don't panic.....we're all okay....after a small smoldering fire on the stove top. Reckless me left a towel on the cook top and somehow one of the Girls managed to turn the control knob and turned on one of the electric burners. Yikes!

Came home to a house full of smoke. So I've been washing and cleaning and vacuuming and more washing trying to rid the house and furnishings of the smell.

Now who would think these sweet gals could cause such a mess? ;)


Bye for now. Hope to see y'all on WOYWW this week.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! It's a good thing you came home when you did!! I'm glad it wasn't worse that it is. Thanks for checking in... I did wonder on Wednesday, but figured you were just out having fun. All that laundering isn't so fun though. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear what a nasty thing to have happen, there is no way the girls did it, they must of had a stranger in fiddling. LOL Try and craft if you can.

    Thank goodness it wasn't worse.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you and the girls are okay after that near tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dear that's not good! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse ... {chills just thinking about it}. Take care ... glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeepers - just as well you got back when you did. So sorry to hear the house has been smoked up, but very glad nobody (cats very much included) was hurt.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I'm so glad you came home when you did. You could have lost so very much including these two adorable girls! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had that happen and can't blame anything like that on Bleubeard, since he is NOT allowed on the furniture. BUT, equally scary, I have turned on the burner under cooking oil and returned to my office to allow it to heat up. Instead, I forgot and was shocked into reality when the smoke alarm went off and the entire kitchen was engulfed in black smoke. Then the oil spilled all over everything as I tried to move it outdoors. Not ONCE, but twice has this happened. I'm SO thankful my house's main floor smoke alarm is hard wired to my electrical wiring.

    Like Glenda, I'm glad you got home in time to save the Girls. They are far more important than any carpet or couch. We can always buy Febreeze and Resolve, but no amount of money can buy another T or Baby.

    BTW, Bleubeard thinks T looks like the Queen of Sheba in that photo. So regal and stately were his words (actually meow and meow, but I'm good at interpreting).

    You asked what glue I used on my CDs. I wasn't sure these were worth using good glue because I never planned to send them out into the world. As a result, I either used Elmer's Glue All or their cheaper School Glue. The secret was to apply the glue to the paper, not the substrate (CD), attaching, then burnishing the paper down with an old faux credit card. After that, I wiped off the excess glue, then cut the paper from around the CD and allowed the entire piece to dry under the weight of a heavy book. Hope that helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls definitely look guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that explains that.

    I haven't been making the blog rounds as thoroughly the last few weeks myself, but noticed you weren't woywwing this week, and had to come check to see what's up with Nan!

    SO glad it wasn't worse, that smoke smell can be pretty bad, though. Cats are so naughty--our cat is terrible, but we just adore her, that brat!

    Have a great week, Nan, and keep those naughty girls away from the kitchen . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that explains that.

    I haven't been making the blog rounds as thoroughly the last few weeks myself, but noticed you weren't woywwing this week, and had to come check to see what's up with Nan!

    SO glad it wasn't worse, that smoke smell can be pretty bad, though. Cats are so naughty--our cat is terrible, but we just adore her, that brat!

    Have a great week, Nan, and keep those naughty girls away from the kitchen . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a little scary Nan. Who would have thought your girls would do such a thing? What were they wanting to cook? A little light lunch or a late brekkie?
    You'd obviously gone out and not fed them...so what's a girl to do? ^..^
    Poor things ;D
    Stay safe and enjoy WOYWW.
    Thanks for being a regular visitor at my place. You always make me smile :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nan-so sorry to hear about your mishap. I am sure it is taking some time to clear out that smoke smell. Thank goodness nothing major happened and your girls are safe.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carolo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh it could have been much worse. How do those sweet little girls turn on a stove ? Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you sure you're okay? I've been missing you over at the Playhouse and came to see what was going on. I'm so sorry about the fire, but so thankful it was just smoke damage!! I think, judging from the looks on their faces, that I can tell which one turned the knob on!! Take care!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well glad your smoldering fire did not cause too much trouble. The cats certainly look innocent.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. little buggers....how on earth did they do that I wonder? ..... whew...thank goodness everything didn't catch fire!!

    ReplyDelete