Thursday, March 6, 2014

CASE closed

Well here it is, my CASEd shamrock card. When I first showed the start of this card my mind went blank as to the blog name where I'd see it. (due to a senior moment) I'm CASEing the giant shamrock card found on Colleen Dietrich's blog. And for those who might not know...CASE = Copy And Share Everything
I was drawn to Colleen's card for its CAS design and its 3D appeal.

I've used the same layout and colors with a smaller shamrock and a bit of distressing in the coloring. The black card was embossed with the Swiss dots e.f. For the shamrock leaves - what to do for green cardstock as I've given away 90% of my stash. Distress ink to the rescue! I've used Mowed Lawn on white card with the fun 'spritz n flick' technique. Then cut the leaves using the TH mini heart movers & shapers die and free hand cut the stem. Boy was that a chore with these shaky hands of mine.






Inside I've used a Quietfire Designs friendship sentiment stamp instead of the usual St. Paddy day verse. In my WOYWW post this week the sentiment had been cut with the Nesties hexagon die which was too big for the card. Oops :) So I've used my all time fave Nesties Label One die. The bottom part of the sentiment was stamped separately and cut into a pennant/fishtail shape. A bit of light inking before the main section is removed from the die and....wa la....my CASEd shamrock card.











I love the playful nature of this card and the way the green pops on the black card. And the 'friendship' sentiment applies to my IRL friends, as well as, my cyber friends. I appreciate you all so very much!!

Warm hugs
Nan
( and the Girls)


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

18 comments:

  1. Your shamrock is amazing! It looks like it has water droplets all over it. It really pops on the black background and I love the sentiment inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore everything about your card from the dotted background to the dimensional shamrock and the beautiful quote! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan,
    Adore this card!! The black makes everything "POP". The quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice creation - this must bring much luck to the recepient. And thanks for stopping by - I am busy with my lego blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect Nan what a wonderful card, thanks for explaining how you completed it.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan, you did a perfect CASE of Colleen's stunning 3D clover! I don't remember if her base card was embossed with the dots, but I sure like how it looks on your card. And the inside is beautiful. Some friend will treasure this always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Shamrock is beautiful, great work! Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is wonderful!!! I need to do this!! And I love the title of your blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW great job girl ... looks AWESOME!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and having it 3D is fantastic!! Great thinking to make green cs from distress ink. And the color just pops right off the black. I like your title of this post too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely worth the effort, Nan... your dimensional shamrock is glorious, especially against that fab embossed black background. And the sentiment is absolutely charming.

    Given away 90% of your stash?! I know you said you were purging, but I had no idea it was that extreme - brave woman!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous shamrock design Nan, it's gorgeous.
    I like the idea of CASEing...it's just so typical of the generosity of the creative blogging community ;D
    Have a wonderful week
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shamrock and love how it pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card there. Love the 3Dness of it! That verse is lovely too.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still not sure how I missed this, but I guess it's appropriate, since today is St. Patty's Day. Lucky, I guess.

    Your card is sensational. I'm sure you must have had help from the Girls in order to make this so awesome (JOKE).

    Thanks for stopping by my place so often, even if I don't seem to have time to return the visit. You and your comments are always appreciated, as are the visits from the Girls for visiting Bleubeard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous shamrock! Not sure what the flick technique is but it sounds intriguing and looks good on your handmade cardstock. Clever Nan!
    Hugs, think of you often
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card and thanks for the WOYWW visit today. BJ#70

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun shamrock, Nan!

    Thank you for the comment--I was glad to hear from you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete