Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ATC Album!

I finally have a finished project I can with share you!! Yippee!!

This is my ATC album for all of the WOYWW 5 anniversary swapped ATCs! It turned out so cool, if I do say so myself. Doing a little happy dance....

First off the finished album



If you've come from my WOYWW post today you saw the letters drying on my desk. That's what the lumps of black distress glitter were. :)

Onward.....I saved and tried to use everything that was sent with the ATCs. Notes, pics, poems, paper and assorted other goodies. Thank you all!

So I tore up some envelopes and some of the papers and collaged them on a used file folder, following Bleubeard and Elizabeth's recycling efforts.




Next up....the folder was cut in half and various sprays and powders added as well as some doodling to try and tie the collage together, asterisks and dashes similar to the paper in the lower left. (this is my first attempt at a collage.)





Kind of got carried away with the sprays so I turned the pieces over and glued down some scrunched up TH tissue paper (has the weight of wax paper) and then went to town with more sprays and paint splatters.





Made some faux leather pieces for an edging to re-enforce the edge that would be punched for the binding rings.





Here's the covers with the edging...





And here's the finished cover. Very happy with how the title pops.





Then a few of the inside. I used plastic cd storage sleeves(cut to album size) for the ATCs. Each pocket held two ATCs perfectly. With some selective trimming I was able to fit the cards and notes that came with some of the ATCs. I love that I can see the backs of the ATCs, no need to be pulling them out of a pocket!

















Even cut the tp tube envelope (on left) in half and stapled it down as it was so gorgeous!








And done. I hope you've enjoyed browsing thru the steps of how my WOYWW 5 ATC album came to life.

Thanks for stopping by.

Crafty hugs,
Nan and the Girls



17 comments:

  1. Wonderful ATC album! Love the texture and great design for storage. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job of creating just the perfect album for the ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation! I just discovered those CD sleeves for die storage myself, now I see what else could be done with them. I love that you used up the envelopes and other bits and pieces that were sent your way as well. so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, it looks fabulous, your collage - can't believe that's your first go! - is wonderful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATC album looks beautiful. A great way to store little works of art. Thanks for visiting my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of work, but man, it's fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is such a clever idea and the end result is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job! i love how you used the cd covers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating process, Nan, a lot of work, and a stunning finished product! Your album could be sold! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic creation. Not only is it useful...but it looks fantastic. I love the texture you created on the surface. Thanks for showing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic idea and beautifully executed Nan,
    It's just perfect to keep all the fantastic ATC's in tiptop condition.
    Very clever ;D
    Have a wonderful weekend
    xoxo




    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Nan it looks fantastic, I don't know how I have managed to miss it, probably because I have barely had time to sneeze lately.

    Thanks for sharing

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great little album. You have done a fabulous job on it. I made an album too, as in previous years, which I shared a few weeks ago if you wan to see.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ATC album! I've put that glitter to good use : ).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nan - Cover almost looks like maps to me! GOod colors. -- Don

    ReplyDelete
  16. Has it really, REALLY been that long since I've been here? Shame on me. Life sometimes gets in the way, and I apologize.

    For your first collage, I would say it's a winner and a real keeper.

    I see you have a Bind-It-All. I would LOVE to have one of those, but I'll probably never get one. So I'll admire from afar, and appreciate how you put this together. Being able to see the back is always important, so I'm glad you thought of that.

    And of course, I love how you used the envie that Bleubeard sent. OK, I had a little bit to do with it, but it was mostly his doing (grin). And recycled file folders are great, aren't they? They hold up well, especially with all the layers you used.

    GREAT JOB, dear, and I'll be around more often, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome. What a lovely way to keep your treasures!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete