Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Days 13 - 19

Hey y'all,

I'm back with with my coloring projects for the #30DayColoringChallenge from last week.

The background is yellow, pink and light orange paints scraped on with an old gift card. To get the shape of the poppies I used a Donna Downey stencil and painted over the background leaving just the flowers showing in the original color mix. In some of the videos I've watched this is where they added doodling in black pen. I don't doodle and I didn't like all of that white. :/

I felt my background colors didn't show up. So I painted over the white with black gesso. Much better.

Then I mixed white paint and air brush medium to make my own fine liner mixture and attempted to doodle stems.

Looking better but needs something else. So I'll leave sit a few days and see what resonates with me.

Have a great week.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

 

3 comments:

  1. The scribbles are a really cool touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Di. Hugs

      Delete
  2. manificent card. Love the colors you used for your flowers.

    ReplyDelete