Sunday, July 24, 2016

Days 6 - 12

Oh my goodness! Where did the weeks go?!

So let's get caught up on my participation in the 30DayColoringChallenge.

Day 6 - 9

After a few more layers of paint on the background, house and ghostly trick or treaters, the Halloween piece is finished. Well, almost. It still needs a bit of twisted wire for the hanger. Then I worked on the postage pocket card; a bit of rust, stenciling with paint & ink and some stamping on acrylic. Both of these are for a friend's upcoming birthday.


Day 10 - 12

The latter part of that week I switched gears and did a little playing with a new way to stencil...using a big long bristled round paint brush. Oh so much easier for me to do. Was inspired by a blog I happened on in following links. As soon as I find it I'll put her link in here. These were based on picture negatives from the 1800s. For the background, I masked off the card using painter's tape then brushed on the color. The images were stamped using the Misti and distress or Adirondack inks. I think they turned out pretty cool and will be attached to card bases shortly.

 

That's all from me today. I'll be back in a couple days to catch you up on last week's paintings.

Have a wonderful last week of July.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

 

3 comments:

  1. So oustanding. Love the contrast of the people against your background scene. Captivating card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been scrolling up and down through your 30-days colouring posts - what a great challenge and what fabulous things you've been up to. I had to stop and leave the comment on this one as I'm just in love with your spooky haunted house plaque, as well as your elegant framed images. The car and the boat are just perfect. Brilliant to see you crafting so busily!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete