Saturday, August 13, 2016

Finished One

Good morning all,

Hope it's a nice sunny day wherever you are. Going to be a sticky n steamy day here in Florida along the coast. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and finish another painting project.

Before I dash off here's a finished piece. I took inspiration from a pic on Pinterest and an MMM video. I merged to the two styles and came up with this piece.

I really liked the colors of the Pinterest piece so I took out all of the green, yellow and orange paints that I have. Now with my shaky hand drawing straight lines is impossible so....I used the backs of combs. A fat long comb and a rat tail comb. By placing one end on the paper I could rock the comb across the page. In some of the yellow lines there's little peaks caused when I lifted the fat comb off the page. For these I was using thick tube acrylics and the paint was sucked up when lifting the comb. Neat!

close up of translucent stenciling

I added some stenciling around the edges to fill the page and used translucent embossing paste thru a wonky arrows stencil in the middle of the page.

So that's one finished piece. I'm off to work on the other sneak peek.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you find some time to be crafty.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

1 comment:

  1. Paint-combing - that's a creative way around the straight-line problem, and it's a great effect. Love the zingy colours too. Sorry to have been missing in action for so long, but it's nice to have a few moments to catch up a bit.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete