Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A quick card

Hello folks,

How's your summer going? Florida has been very toasty and H.U.M.I.D.! Step outside and you're instantly covered in 'skeeters.

I've been doing some cleaning and sorting and not much else. Took some time out today to make a best wishes and happy new home card for our maintenance guy. Sadly, because he no longer lives on site he can't be the maintenance guy. Today was his last day of working here.

So I quickly painted this card for him and his wife. The tree is a stamp from Penny Black. I used the misti to stamp it on the painted background in black paint. Didn't make a good impression but enough so I could see the shape. Then I added the foliage and extended the trunk. In my rush, I forgot to add some highlights to the tree trunk. Oh well, I'm happy with how this turned out.

That's it from me today. Enjoy your summer and stay cool.

Crafty hugs,

Nan and the Girls

 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene you have created, Nan! He will treasure this beautiful work of art!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to say farewell your maintenance man - the tree looks amazing with the lush foliage you added, and the painted landscape is lovely. Glad I'm not where you are - I'd be eaten alive by the 'skeeters (nope, doesn't make'em sound better calling them by a nickname!). Hate them, hate them, hate them!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem in keeping cool here Nan!
    Your farewell card is fantastic...I love trees and this is a beauty.
    Now I know what 'skeeters' are thanks to your visit over to me.
    The sun is currently shining here, but it's very shy and the thunder showers keep making an appearance :?
    Have a great week and stay cool...hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nan - are you now out of Skeeter season? Your farewell card looks great - I have just joined an art class, so I'm hoping to get creative!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, Wren. Skeeter season lasts until our first cold snap usually late October. Good luck with the art class. I'll look in on you from time to time see how it's going. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is just stunning Nan! The texture, the depth, the colours, and the amazing scene that you have created, I just love it all! I would sit under that tree all day and just listen to the birds overhead, what an amazing world you created with just a brush and some medium!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete